Best time of the year to buy

/ Best time of the year to buy #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
Is there one time better than another? Im not in a huge rush and if I can save thousands than its something to consider.

Also is it true that like in the old days with cars a tractor isnt necessarily given a model year until the date it is sold?

Im wondering if Im considering a tractor that has been in inventory several years and maybe that would give me some leverage on the price? Any way to tell?

/ Best time of the year to buy #2  
From a dealer, there is no 澱est time - aside from changing promo financing on residential units. These units are thin profit margins to begin with - so 都aving thousands on a high end unit costing 25k isn稚 going to happen.

Private seller - things pick up about now and begin to die down around July/August only to pop back up in November occasionally a little in general. Spring means projects - November means snow removal for half of the country. With immediate need buyers come out more frequently.

A unit setting a few years? First question I壇 have is why can稚 a dealer sell a new old stock unit past a year? It痴 not like there are zero buyers out there - the market is actually quite robust of late. Professionals make a living SELLING - so if it sits, they starve. Only reason they can稚 sell it is because buyers are too educated to touch a unit (price or flaws). Is it worth 都aving a few dollars to take the gamble no one else would touch ?

/ Best time of the year to buy #3  
Tractors do not have model YEARS. Typically a major design change also changes the model designation. The last major design changes occurred when Tier IV/Final emission standards became mandatory and engines were redesigned to meet the required standards.

L2501 is Kubota's largest volume tractor model in Florida. Few are on dealer lots long. During 2018 my Chiefland, Florida Kubota dealer had to wait three months for L2501 deliveries after ordering. With the arctic weather across the northern tier of states during 2019 I expect importation and outfitting in Georgia has caught up with demand at present.

Outside stored Kubota tractors have orange paint fade in intense Florida sun in six months. That will tell you a lot.

Tractors did not increase in price above the rate of inflation for years. This was because of strengthening dollar and soft demand. Since tariff applications and robust economy I speculate compact tractors are increasing in price at 5% annually.