Snow Attachments Best type of snow plow...

/ Best type of snow plow... #11  
I took out my 4 bucket mounting pins w/ E-clips and replaced them w/ 1" dia. hitch pins from TSC for quick change. I got an old 7' truck plow blade and shaped and welded c-channel to the back of the blade to line up with the loader arms. Pull 4 pins to remove the bucket then mount the 7' blade with the 4 pins and go. Takes me about 10 min. to changover. Also welded skid plates or shoes to the blade bottom and by rolling / curling back the plow I can have the cutting edge anywhere from on the ground to up about an inch or two. I plowed about a half dozen driveways last year by straightblading like the guys that plow big parking lots do. Was much faster than using the back blade.

/ Best type of snow plow... #12  
Gotta agree - can't beat the warm cab - Boss Plow works nice:V-plow, wing either side or scoop.
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 750129-snowplow.jpg
    750129-snowplow.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 270
   / Best type of snow plow... #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Gotta agree - can't beat the warm cab - penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

If I had a 4x4 truck I'd get a snow plow for it and forget about paying about twice as much for a snow blower for the tractor and freezing my rear off to use it.

/ Best type of snow plow... #14  
Re: Your question #4. I have just added a few photos in the Mahindra section of my 4 pin change over from bucket to plow blade.
George

Attachments

• 750350-07 (Small).JPG
    750350-07 (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 274
   / Best type of snow plow... #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Gotta agree - can't beat the warm cab - penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

If I had a 4x4 truck I'd get a snow plow for it and forget ... )</font>

Can't agree entirely with this line of reasoning. My neighbor and I share a drive. After about 1600' of common drive there's a fork and we each have another 800' or so each. Whenever we get a lot of snow - like 18", 24" or more, he is out there several times incrementally dealing with 8-12" of the heavy, wet stuff before his truck becomes overwhelmed.

With my tractor, I can wait until the storm is over and shove 24" all at once. Sometimes I can even watch the snow moving 10-15' in front of my plow. It can really push! I have a Fisher plow and a bobcat-style quick attach custom fabricated for the loader arms. I can easily stack 10-12' high as well - no slamming your truck into a bank.

/ Best type of snow plow... #16  
Would someone with a front mounted blade that doesn't angle describe how it's better than just using the FEL bucket?

/ Best type of snow plow... #17  
When I take my bucket off and put on the blade I can then push a path 90" wide instead of the buckets 60" width. Plus I don't have to lift and dump a bucket load of snow each pass. I originally attached the plow blade to the bucket but at the end of the pass the bucket was full of snow that came over the top of the blade thus requiring me to try and dump out the snow from the bucket with a 90" blade in front of it. Since my bucket mounts to the arms with 4 pins it was simple to replace them with 1" hitch pins and weld brackets on the plow blade. Hope this explains your question.
George

Attachments

• 750843-100_0326 (Small).JPG
    750843-100_0326 (Small).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 203
   / Best type of snow plow... #18  
I agree with you that plowing with a truck and heated cab is the best way to plow, I have a plow for my truck too but it's much more fun using the tractor.