Oil & Fuel Best way to fill up CK35 diesel tank?

/ Best way to fill up CK35 diesel tank? #41  
ritcheyvs you are correct that the hose will not reach from the ground to the fill hole on your tractor. Can you lift the can to your seat or floor board? If so, the hose should reach from there. Put a cloth under can to keep the chair diesel free and have a cloth ready when you remove hose. Point is you don't have to hold the can and pour. Pump is better than advertised and there are several makes and models. Hope this helps.

/ Best way to fill up CK35 diesel tank? #42  
ritcheyvs you are correct that the hose will not reach from the ground to the fill hole on your tractor. Can you lift the can to your seat or floor board? If so, the hose should reach from there. Put a cloth under can to keep the chair diesel free and have a cloth ready when you remove hose. Point is you don't have to hold the can and pour. Pump is better than advertised and there are several makes and models. Hope this helps.

+1. This one from Harbor Freight is only $10, and works great. I have two, one for diesel and one for water. They use one D cell battery, that I just pop out between uses. Battery Operated Liquid Transfer Pump

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure you could also add a short length of clear vinyl tubing to extend the reach of the hose horizontally a bit. E.g., if it won't reach from the seat of your DK to your fill port. But I doubt these little pumps generate enough head to increase the vertical lift much.

/ Best way to fill up CK35 diesel tank? #43  
+1. This one from Harbor Freight is only $10, and works great. I have two, one for diesel and one for water. They use one D cell battery, that I just pop out between uses. Battery Operated Liquid Transfer Pump

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure you could also add a short length of clear vinyl tubing to extend the reach of the hose horizontally a bit. E.g., if it won't reach from the seat of your DK to your fill port. But I doubt these little pumps generate enough head to increase the vertical lift much.

You are correct about the lack of lifting power, I added enough clear hose to get to the tank on my CK20 from the ground and it would not get it there. Luckily the CK20 tank is behind the seat so I just put the jug in the seat and pump away...

Rancho

/ Best way to fill up CK35 diesel tank? #44  
You are correct about the lack of lifting power, I added enough clear hose to get to the tank on my CK20 from the ground and it would not get it there. Luckily the CK20 tank is behind the seat so I just put the jug in the seat and pump away...

Rancho

BTW, with a standard 20% HF coupon, the HF pump is only $8.

In fact, for two more days, until July 7, this 30% off coupon (for up to five items priced under $10), allows you to buy five of them at the same time for $35. :laughing: Wish I had a need for more than two. :)

Here's the coupon: 30_percent_off_1561496625.7544.png

Here's the link to the HF coupon data base where it's currently posted: Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database - Free coupons, 25 percent off coupons, 20 percent off coupons, No Purchase Required coupons, toolbox coupons

/ Best way to fill up CK35 diesel tank? #45  
I am glad I made the decision early on to get a large storage tank (100 gallons) and a 15 GPM Filrite 12volt pump to transfer the fuel with. I did the 5 gallon can thing for a while till I got my shop built with a place to store the tank. I put the tank on steel rollers so it can be moved easily if necessary but with my 20 foot hose, it doesn't need to move except to clean out debris from behind it occasionally.
Nothing easier than just flipping a switch and squeezing the handle.
I also get home delivery of my fuel so nothing better than that. Last time fuel cost dipped really low, I put on 200 plus gallons in storage using my steel tank and a plastic TOTE tank that I got for free from a local chemical company. When my 100 gallon tank gets low, I just slip my fill pump into the TOTE tank and refill it. I haven't needed fuel in a couple of years now. Most of my fuel usage now is with the B26 and RTV 900 and both just sip fuel. My LS is still on the same tank of fuel from the topping off 2 years ago.

/ Best way to fill up CK35 diesel tank? #46  
I am glad I made the decision early on to get a large storage tank (100 gallons) and a 15 GPM Filrite 12volt pump to transfer the fuel with. I did the 5 gallon can thing for a while till I got my shop built with a place to store the tank. I put the tank on steel rollers so it can be moved easily if necessary but with my 20 foot hose, it doesn't need to move except to clean out debris from behind it occasionally.
Nothing easier than just flipping a switch and squeezing the handle.
I also get home delivery of my fuel so nothing better than that. Last time fuel cost dipped really low, I put on 200 plus gallons in storage using my steel tank and a plastic TOTE tank that I got for free from a local chemical company. When my 100 gallon tank gets low, I just slip my fill pump into the TOTE tank and refill it. I haven't needed fuel in a couple of years now. Most of my fuel usage now is with the B26 and RTV 900 and both just sip fuel. My LS is still on the same tank of fuel from the topping off 2 years ago.

Sounds like a nice arrangement, Gary. There are some TBN members with pretty elaborate bulk fuel setups.

Pouring/pumping the fuel into my tractors is not so bad, and the higher cost of road diesel is not a big deal for me. But it's a big hassle to hump six or seven 5 gal fuel cans at a time to a service station and irritate other drivers at the pump while I fill them one after another. :laughing: I've toyed with getting a used 275 gal heating oil tank and having No. 2 fuel oil delivered. Around here it is ULSHO, so <15 ppm and o.k. for tier 4 diesels. But I don't have an indoor tempered space for a tank, so it would have to be in the unheated barn. I don't think heating oil here is seasonally blended like the road diesel, so gelling could be an issue in the coldest months. Doubt that's a problem in your neck of the woods. I'd have to use additives. Still thinking about this, though. :)