BH attachment for Kubota L2800

/ BH attachment for Kubota L2800 #1  

rdraper

Tractor
Kubota L2800HST
What is a good bh attachment to buy. [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] doesn’t sell one anymore for the L2800

/ BH attachment for Kubota L2800 #2  
What tasks do you foresee for the Backhoe?

Perhaps we can save you some of the $7,000 cost of a new Backhoe by suggesting alternatives.

/ BH attachment for Kubota L2800
Just bought a place in Georgia and about half is trees. Want to take most out and clean up. What is a good make to buy
Thanks

What tasks do you foresee for the Backhoe?

Perhaps we can save you some of the $7,000 cost of a new Backhoe by suggesting alternatives.
Just bought a place in Georgia and half is trees. Want to take them out and do some stump removal and trench digging

/ BH attachment for Kubota L2800 #5  
Tree removal is not a reasonable expectation for any Backhoe which is sized for an L2800. Too much strain on the tractor.

I would hire someone to remove the trees and trench with an excavator. It will cost much, much less than $7,000 and the jobs will be done in a day or two.

How many acres of trees do you want removed and how many feet of trench do you want to create? How deep do you want the trench?

Last edited:
   / BH attachment for Kubota L2800 #6  
As Jeff said "Too much strain on the tractor."
I thought purchasing backhoe when I had L2800 and dealer said not was idea.

As Jeff said "Too much strain on the tractor."
I thought purchasing backhoe when I had L2800 and dealer said not was idea.
Thanks for the info! I’m not ready to do anything yet cause I have so many other things to do first. I was just wondering what a bh attachment would cost

/ BH attachment for Kubota L2800 #8  
Talking about backhoes is like asking “what oil do you use” or “what tractor is best”. People either love them or puke at the sight of them it’s that bad. LOL
These are MY opinions/reasons for MY situations with MY property so YMMV.

Backhoes aren’t cheap, a little less if you order it with a new tractor, other wise add $2000 to the price if you get it afterwards.
There are a lot of post’s on Backhoe’s on these and other forums so you should probably take a look through them just to get a feel for what they can and can’t do. You-tube would be another one to check out. Or you can just buy a smaller excavator and have two machines to support. Or spend the same amount to rent a machine over the years for the same price of getting the BH. Just depends on how fast you want it done.

If you can’t find an OEM one online at one of the auction houses or private sales then your stuck with a 3 pt one. I would do a web search for your L2800 with backhoes and see if there is a problem with that model. But take it with a grain of salt as you don’t know the exact reason why it broke, driver abuse or factory defect. A 3pt mounts worst case problem is cracking at the tranny/engine mount or breaking the Top Link bracket at the tractor. There have also been a few OEM backhoes that have broken in the same places, so it is what it is. Most oem BH’s do have a brace under the tractor to help so that’s a huge plus.

For years people have speared a hay round on their 3 pt and also carry one on the front and drive across their fields so not sure where the argument is.

I’ve only got 5 acres and 2/3 is tree’s and for ME when I got my 3pt BH for my JD 770 I couldn’t find an OEM one and I looked A LOT online on issues with any tractor with a BH. It’s a risk I was ready to take. Working 60 hr work weeks, before the commute, I just couldn’t justify trying to set up a rental for the weekend weeks in advance because they’re busy and then have to work that weekend or the weather turned to crap. And I can use it anytime I want now.

I got my WoodMax -self contained- 3 pt BH with a few extra items 3 years ago for just under $5000 delivered. You can still find the really cheap Chinese ones for under $4000 or $7000 for a nice Chinese one. I looked at the features and quality/steel thickness for the price. I swapped it over to my new LS MT-235he last year and I’m still happy with the smaller BH. Patience is the key to using it. I’ve used the BH way more then I thought I would. (Get the hyd thumb) The 3pt BH is only a static mount, you are not lifting with the 3 pt in any way shape or form.

/ BH attachment for Kubota L2800 #9  
I'll jump in with the guys who say "don't do it." Hire it or, if you have the time, rent an excavator big enough to do the job. You won't wreck the tractor, and it'll be quicker all the way around.

/ BH attachment for Kubota L2800 #10  
If you buy one, make sure that it has a subframe. You should be able to pick something up slightly used, for less than the numbers cited above. For your purposes though it would be cheaper to either rent or hire an excavator, as others have already said.

How many acres is your land, how big are the trees and how many would you be pulling? I had a little CadPlan kit BH years ago and using finesse and patience was able to clear a small area (1/10 of an acre) which had trees too big for my loader to lift. It was time consuming, but fun. When I had a field reclaimed I had a big excavator come in, and it took him about 2 days to clear 2 acres and pile the stumps for me to take care of later.