BH tricks to dump clay?

/ BH tricks to dump clay? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the excavator operator told us that he had never seen anything that bad and claimed that using bar (as in chainsaw bar) oil to coat the bucket and dump truck bed was the only way to get the stuff to come out. He also claimed that it was biodegradable, if you can believe that.
Bonehead )</font>

Stihl makes a bar oil called Bioplus that is 100% biodegradable. I asked my chainsaw dealer about it once, and he told me that it was astronomically expensive. I didn't inquire any further, but my understanding is that it's a special-order only item at most Stihl dealers. You can see a picture of it in the new Stihl catalog though...

For coating a bucket though, I would try the cheapest grade of restaurant-type cooking oil first, before spending $$$ on bar oil.

If you used the spray-oils (Pam, etc.) you'd need like a million aerosol cans. Plain veg. cooking oil in a bottle is much cheaper.

-otus

/ BH tricks to dump clay? #12  
I have dug a lot of moist clay around here and I have found that the best method, although not foolproof is too not slam the bucket when it is full against the boom. I have found that this way the heavy clay is not as like to get jammed in the bucket.

Good luck

Richard

/ BH tricks to dump clay? #13  
<font color="blue"> .....If you used the spray-oils (Pam, etc.) you'd need like a million aerosol cans... </font>

For a 12" bucket? Jeez, my frying pan is about 12" and I get at least a couple months worth of cooking pancakes out of a can of PAM.

/ BH tricks to dump clay? #14  
what it you used the bucket to loosen (so to speak. the clay before digging the loosed clay out of the hole?

/ BH tricks to dump clay? #15  
chucko

The problem is: even if you "play in the clay" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif before digging it out it tends to compact very quickly in the bucket. Once it's compacted only a lubricated surface can help to empty the bucket easily.

/ BH tricks to dump clay?
Well, it dried up so I wnt back at it. About five minutes into the job, I noticed the dipper stick was not extending when I reached out. I got out and the piston shaft was bent. I got back in and retracted it back up to go home, and it snapped. So much for taking a day off work to dig a 400' ditch.

Maybe my third try will be better. Kubota said they would get a replacement in today. I only have 15 hours on the tractor and probably only 2 on the backhoe.

It is a new design: BH75, maybe there is a design flaw, we'll see if it ever happens again.