blade -> box blade

/ blade -> box blade #11  
You may be right, RobertN, that the regular box blade is better all round, but I would have thought the roll over blade was best; just too expensive for me when I bought my regular one.

Bird

/ blade -> box blade #12  
Woods bought both Gannon and Gil. There is a lot of difference in the Gannon and Gil and they are both starting to be labeled Woods. The Gannon used properly is a very versitile piece of equipment partially because it is heavy and partially because the front and rear blades are so far apart and the rear blade can be hinged by removing two bolts. When you drop the scarfiers about an inch into the area the back blade is smoothing and the front blade is set about 1/2 inch high, it will smooth and level in a single pass.

The roll over will capture the dirt in the box when backing up, which a conventional box blade cannot do. A conventional box blade can go from forward to backwards without moving the tractor to turn over the roll over box, so each has certain advantages and limitations. To some pretty real extent, you do get what you pay for and it seems to cost nearly $2.00/ pound of boxblade.

/ blade -> box blade #13  
I use my regular fixed bx blade quite a bit as a poor man's dozer. That is, cutting with the rear blade while in reverse. It works well for backfilling, pushing piles around and cutting off high spots into low spots. For this type of use, I want the material to come off the blade ends rather than collect in the box. I don't know if a roll over box can do this.

/ blade -> box blade #14  
Nope!

/ blade -> box blade #15  
2000-07-16

RobertN, I cannot find a Gannon rollover blade on the Woods www site. Right, Woods apparently bought Gannon & Gill, and I knew they are all on the same www site. You have to negotiate that site strangely thru a catalog listing to see the heavy stuff like Gannon. But I still don't see a Gannon rollover, just a Gill, said to be lighter than Gannon. Am I just missing it?

What is the model # for your Gannon rollover blade?

I saw the Gill version (R20 & R30 for the 7/8 ft versions) at Leinbach Machinery in Winston-Salem last week. The R20 seems to spec about like the Bush Hog RO 720, though BH no longer sells an 8 ft rollover.

I'd be interested in the Gannon version if I can find it since everyone seems to emphasize the benefits of more weight in rollover and box blades.

Jim

/ blade -> box blade #16  
Click on "Construction," then click on "Industrial Scrapers," and finally lthe size you and type (hydraulic or manual) you are interested in.

/ blade -> box blade #17  
2000-07-16

Right, Clay, but are any of those actually rollover scrapers? That was my original question. Those are big ones, for sure.

Goin' to bed here in the East, too late already,
J

/ blade -> box blade #18  
I appologize for not reading your post more carefully. For rollovers I only see Gil.