bleeding perkins 100 series

/ bleeding perkins 100 series #1  

kmd

Tractor
toro
I have a terramite T7 with a perkins diesel in it, I think it is a 1995. I posted on the forum because I figured some of the MF might have the same engine. One day it just would not start and it seemed to be a fuel issue. I can use the lift pump to bleed it up to the injector pump inlet. I pulled off the exit lines leaving the injector pump and during cranking fuel barely spits out. Is there another screw somewhere on the injector pump I need to bleed? Or could it be my fuel pump or injector pump? whats the best way to diagnose these 2? I checked/changed the injector pump solenoid, I even used a new fuel line from a 5 gallon can thinking my fuel tank/line could be clogged.
Thanks

/ bleeding perkins 100 series #2  
I had an old Perkins diesel back in the 80s that needed to be bled because it had air in the system and it would not run. I pulled 1 of the metal injector lines lose and off and cranked the diesel. I put it back on and it ran fine. This was in a sailboat many years ago.

/ bleeding perkins 100 series #3  
On most of the CAV pumps, there a double headed screw by the name plate on the side of the pump..
U loosen the 5/16 part of the screw, if the engine has a supply pump,?? crank the engine till u get fuel squirting a 1/2 mile, then tighten..{joke}
NEXT, loosen ALL THE LINES AT THE INJECTORS.. & crank the engine till fuel squirts out & tighten..
IF u have fuel UP TO the pump inlet & nothing out at the injector lines.. u have a problem w/ the injection pump.