Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions

/ Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions #11  
It appears from viewing JD parts a glow plug can be inserted into air intake pipe. Parts key 10 DZ102076 Coolant Heater - COOLANT HEATER, WITH CORD KIT View/Update 108.37 USD

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    62.9 KB · Views: 540
   / Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions #12  
So there is a glow plug kit as well as the coolant heater kit? I noticed a plug in jdparts on the air intake pipe and wondered what would go there.

/ Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions #13  
RE502079 Glow Plug - GLOW PLUG ADD 18.33 USD

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    59.8 KB · Views: 72
   / Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions #14  
I just installed a block heater in my JD4300 that I purchased right from the JD dealer. It looks like a frost plug heater for a car or truck except it's threaded on the outside. To install it, (mine has a Yanmar 3 cyl diesel engine) you unscrew a large pipe plug on the left side of the engine, just above the hydraulic pump, and then screw the heater in where that pipe plug was. It works great, she starts like it's summer. I also use AMSOIL synthetic oil in the engine. I live in northern Mn. It's been below zero here lately, and the tractor starts after being plugged in for an hour or so.

/ Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions #15  
snoracer
Is that kit no. AR87167 ?? About $80 ?
thanks, as didn't know it was available for the Yanmar

My 4300 is kept in an unheated shed, and so far has not been a problem starting.

/ Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions
I would go with a block heater. I would think your local dealer can help you with that.

Looking at the picture you supplied on the switch you need to push the key in for the pre-heater or glow plugs to come on. On my tractor you push the key in when it is in the run position. I do a 10 count let the key out and then start it. I can tell it is working because the lights on the dash dim. The manual also says if after starting if the engine is running rough to push the key in again. Give this a try and see, if it works for you.

I verified the same is true on my 6200. I'm sure this will at least help; it may even allow the start at 0F.

It appears from viewing JD parts a glow plug can be inserted into air intake pipe. Parts key 10 DZ102076 Coolant Heater - COOLANT HEATER, WITH CORD KIT View/Update 108.37 USD

Thanks Tx Jim.
I'll be ordering this kit.

I just installed a block heater in my JD4300 that I purchased right from the JD dealer. It looks like a frost plug heater for a car or truck except it's threaded on the outside. To install it, (mine has a Yanmar 3 cyl diesel engine) you unscrew a large pipe plug on the left side of the engine, just above the hydraulic pump, and then screw the heater in where that pipe plug was. It works great, she starts like it's summer. I also use AMSOIL synthetic oil in the engine. I live in northern Mn. It's been below zero here lately, and the tractor starts after being plugged in for an hour or so.

It looks like it will be the same for my 6200.... the large pipe plug. I'll know for sure once I have the parts in-hand. Did your block heater (from the dealer) come with any type of instructions? It looks like a pretty straight forward job, but sometimes you never know.
I use AMSOIL in my '05 2500 Duramax, and it's always been great!

/ Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions #17  
beenthere - yes, heater pt# is AR87167, and it was $80.90. Kinda pricey, but it is made out of JD gold after all. I keep mine in an unheated shelter also and it's always started with no problem. But it's so much easier on the battery,starter, and engine if they are a little warmer when starting. Also the AMSOIL helps.

/ Block Heater Installation JD 6200... parts questions #18  
It looks like it will be the same for my 6200.... the large pipe plug. I'll know for sure once I have the parts in-hand. Did your block heater (from the dealer) come with any type of instructions? It looks like a pretty straight forward job, but sometimes you never know.
I use AMSOIL in my '05 2500 Duramax, and it's always been great![/QUOTE]

highplainer - NO instructions, but it's really self explanatory once you see it. Also, the JD parts guy had one of his tech's come up and explain it to me. I had a couple of hydraulic hard lines in the way, but I was able to work around them. All in all, it's a quality piece that looks like it will last quite awhile. I use AMSOIL in everything, but then I'm an AMSOIL dealer, so I better be using it. Good luck.