BMX Track?

/ BMX Track? #1  

offroadaudio

Tractor
Kubota B7800
I'm going to start a small BMX track for my boys. First I'll use the grader box to level the area, leaving a slight slope for drainage. Then I'm thinking of using some old pipe and an old water heater to cover with dirt for the jumps.
Anyone ever built one? Any suggestions?

Thanks

/ BMX Track? #2  
Not for BMX, but a similar build:
DSC01242.jpg

The only real advice I can give you is you need loads of dirt available for building up jumps. Hopefully you can just dig it from the track area. We could not dig at all and have had about 10 20ton loads brought in to maintain the track over the past 4 years. We built suport structures out of pressure treated wood and to hold the sides of jumps and then threw in filler (old culvert pipe and big rocks) and then topped off with bucket loads of dirt.
A front end loader is good, but we found a skid loader was easier to work with to get in around other obstacles without tearing things up (you can see in the picture skid loader working in the back and grooming & rolling up front with little cub cadet garden tractors -- works great for us).

/ BMX Track?
That looks great! I've got an MX track too, but more of a Euro style with flat turns and a few table tops - so I didn't need as much dirt. I appreciate the comments and will post some photos when I get things rolling.

/ BMX Track? #4  
Subscribed! Please keep us updated.