Bobcat 2025 HST with FL7 loader hydraulic lift cylinder help

/ Bobcat 2025 HST with FL7 loader hydraulic lift cylinder help #1  

2boleys

Tractor
Bobcat 2025 HST
I have an 18 hour old 2025 HST with the FL7 front end loader. The left hydraulic cylinder some bent at a 90 deg angle. I am an industrial vehicle journeyman mechanic by trade and have no idea when or how this happened on my tractor. It took me a little bit to even see this until I went to use my grapple and it wouldn't work correctly. I'm going to take it in to be looked at the dealer but I'm also looking for ideas of how and why this would've/could've even happened. I also noticed that the cylinder part # 7389022 is not in stock anywhere. I've been trying to find the exact specs on that cylinder to try to find a replacement cylinder in case the dealer won't warranty this cylinder. Any help finding the exact specs of this cylinder would be greatly appreciated.

FL7 bobcat.jpg

/ Bobcat 2025 HST with FL7 loader hydraulic lift cylinder help #2  
Wow that's impressive!
I'm thinking maybe inadequate heat treatment on the cylinder rod. IMO having the expectation that it be covered under warranty is completely reasonable

/ Bobcat 2025 HST with FL7 loader hydraulic lift cylinder help
Thanks I'm hoping it'll be covered but when I saw the "0 in stock" I'm not feeling very confident in finding one. That's why I'm trying to get the exact specs to try to find a generic replacement that I can buy to be able to use my tractor loader.

/ Bobcat 2025 HST with FL7 loader hydraulic lift cylinder help #4  
If it comes down to it a good hydraulic shop can replace the rod from chromed rod stock

/ Bobcat 2025 HST with FL7 loader hydraulic lift cylinder help #5  
How many hours on the tractor and what year? I assume its newer since you mention warranty. How were you using the tractor when that happened?

With where the bend is the loader would have to have been about half way raised, and dont see how one could do that even if they tried. So yea, im leaning toward maybe bad heat treat as well

/ Bobcat 2025 HST with FL7 loader hydraulic lift cylinder help #6  
My 2022 Bobcat CT 2025H (347 hours) is currently at the dealer for a FL7 hydraulic cylinder issue. They were asked to check the lift, curl pressure and to look into a "drift down" issue that I was having. The bucket or forks would uncurl, and the arms would drift down at a fairly significant rate whether on or off or running at full power or low RPM's. The pressure/force also seemed low.

The same day I dropped it off, they called me and said that they diagnosed it as a cylinder bypass problem and that they were seeking a full replacement of all four cylinders under my extended warranty. After a couple weeks they got the approval but then found that the cylinders were on back-order and there was no idea when they would be available. The service manager just called me an hour ago and said they would like to like to use the cylinders from a brand-new machine on the lot and that would get me back in action. I agreed.

I pick it up tomorrow, but it does make me wonder if there is/was a bad or inferior batch of cylinders and the shortage and lack of new cylinders is due to a lot of FL7 tractor loader cylinders needing replacement. The dealer says this is a first for them. My brother, a hydraulic/diesel mechanic for 30 years says that the normal procedure is to rebuild the cylinders and only replace if damaged or undersized by the factory. I hope this helps someone.