Mowing bobcat 225

/ bobcat 225 #21  
There is no belt that needs to be hooked up on the mid mount mower. It is a drive shaft.

ya.... sorry....... I knew that I guess I just had a brain fart while typing:confused2:

I have just read posts where they are difficult to connect

/ bobcat 225 #22  
thanks for you help. My next question for you guys as far as mowers with your bobcats have you ever used flail mowers? I have read a lot of threads on here about flail mowers and that they actually work well as finish mowers. Just woundering if any bobcat guys have tried them yet. Thanks

I have the Kioti equivalent to the Bobcat CT235 and have the Caroni 73" flail mower. I am mowing field grass (was a lawn at one time), not a manicured lawn. I also use it for clearing land of brush, briars and multi-flower rose. I wanted a do-it-all mower rather than separate attachments.
Do you have a need to clear brush or saplings in addition to mowing? In that case a flail would be a good choice.
If you are mowing only grass, especially a lawn, and don't need to clear land then get a 3 point finish mower.

/ bobcat 225
tommaple

I am mostly mowing my 2 acre lawn right now. But with the purchase of a tractor i would start mowing the overgrown ditch in front of the house and also the trails through the 20 acres of pines behind my house. Also on the edge of the pines is a pond that i would like to keep mowed down but dont need it to be lawn quality at all. I was looking at a flail mower for an all in one mower. None of the are that i am mowing is more then long grass and tall weeds. I am not mowing over saplings or anything like that. At first i would like to get the mid mount mower for the easy mowing of the lawn( mowing around buildings trees and landscape i am under the understanding is easy with a mmm). But didnt like the big price tag of a mmm either. So i thought maybe a flail mower would be ideal becuase then i could do all my other tasks too. Also has a reasonable price tag. Also have heard good things about a 3pt finish mower. But not sure i would be able to mow the long grass and ditch with it. Though possibly once i struggle through mowing it once it would be easy to mow after that as long as i maintained it and kept it short. Just the things im thinking about before i make a big purchase.
Thanks

/ bobcat 225 #24  
I am not sure how hilly or how many trees, buildings etc. your property has, but given my experience I wouldn't have a tractor with a MMM again. I had a Kubota BX2230 that I bought because I wanted an all in one machine and just like you do. I had an almost 2 acre lawn to mow and a 5 acre pasture with a barn, house, trees, driveway and a lot of hills. I used the BX2230 for 5 years to mow, brush hog, spray, move mulch, dirt & gravel... The kubota did an ok job at all the tasks, but was a little small for my needs. What I realized was that there wasn't really a good all in one machine that would do what I wanted and that I hated removing and reattaching the MMM. It was a PITA! This fall I bought a CT235 and got rid of the kubota with the MMM. I am in the process of finding/buying a ZTR for the lawn mowing, if I had a large flat area I might have looked at a 3pt finish mower.

My 2 cents, I know others with different circumstances may have different ideas.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.