Bobcat 235 Coolant

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant #1  

dean7777

Tractor
bobcat ct235
Just changed the coolant in my Bobcat 235. Drained about 2 gallons, only able to put back 2 quarts. I have ran it many times to operating temperature, but nothing. I have filled the radiator and reserve tank but after I run the tractor they have not gone down. Any suggestions??

Thanks

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant #2  
Sounds like you have a air lok in the system. I would not run the engine if you took out 2 gallons and only put 2 quarts back in ! What did the temp gauge show when you ran it....

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant #3  
If you haven't already, run it for a while with the radiator cap off and add coolant as necessary until full. If the level doesn't drop the only think I can think of is that the thermostat has failed closed, which is very usual.

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant
Sounds like you have a air lok in the system. I would not run the engine if you took out 2 gallons and only put 2 quarts back in ! What did the temp gauge show when you ran it....

Thank you for your reply. When I run the engine it only goes to the normal operating temperature on the gauge.

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant
Thank you for your reply.
I will try running it with the cap off.

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant #6  
With it running and up to temp. Go and touch both upper and lower water hoses. They both should be warm. If not...then the thermostat is not opening up.

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant
With it running and up to temp. Go and touch both upper and lower water hoses. They both should be warm. If not...then the thermostat is not opening up.

Thank you, I will check it out.

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant
Thank you, I will check it out.

Ran the tractor until operating temperature, both upper and lower hoses were very warm. I took the thermostat out and tested it. The thermostat is good. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

/ Bobcat 235 Coolant #9  
The radiator on my motorcycle is temperamental on refill. I rigged up a fitting for the radiator and put my Miyvac hand vacuum pump on it. Works like a champ.