Bobcat 753 engine/fuel tank removal

/ Bobcat 753 engine/fuel tank removal #1  

brendo907

Tractor
753 bobcat
Hey everyone, i recently moved into an apartment and my landlord has a 753 bobcat skidsteer, awesome little machine for what he does but he cant fill the tank up over 3/8 before it leaks. The stealership said rocks fall into the crack and wear a hole in the tank and it would be 2000 in labor for the 50$ plastic tank. I said ill do some research and probably do it for him for alot cheaper, since i am getting along really good with him and what not. What am i in for? 4 bolts some linkage and a few hydraulic lines? ive worked on alot of equipment but never a bobcat. Will a standard cherry picker engine lift work to get it out? i understand the pump and engine come out as a unit? At first i thought "we can use the bobcat to pull the engine out", then i i remembered that wouldn't work too well when we were trying to pull the engine out lol. I hope to hear back from you guys. The hole in the tank also lets alot of junk get in there and we have to pull the plug and flush the tank and what not. not to mention always parking it under cover and using it only when its not raining and having to fuel it all the time. He did say that it probably happened when he first got it and was bringing the bucket up a little to high and dropping some dirt down there. But i always enjoy some side work. Thanks in advance

/ Bobcat 753 engine/fuel tank removal
nobody has any tips?

/ Bobcat 753 engine/fuel tank removal #3  
Give your post time. Usually someone like SSdoxie has the knowledge to give good advice on a question like this. The ones that do don't spend all their time setting at the computer. :)

You might try the search function in this forum. I'm sure someone has asked a similar question in the past.

/ Bobcat 753 engine/fuel tank removal #4  
A cheery picker will lift the engine/pump combo out of there but you will need some type of offset frame to hook it up. Need to hook on front side of the engine to lift an balance, but that sets under a cross frame. Might be able to bolt chains on to the head then lift it back a little, then re-hook to front side of the engine. $2000 seems pretty steep considering it is about a 10 hr. job in a shop with proper lift frame.