Backhoe BOBCAT BACKHOE?

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #1  

Punk

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota M9000
Can anyone who bought a Bobcat and a Backhoe for it, tell me how well the backhoe digs? Great, good, fair, or look at another brand?

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #2  
I have a CT440 w/8 hoe. I have not had a good experience with my tractor so far, so I cant honestly give a positive review. I know of another guy here maybe he will chime in for a review.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #3  
BUY IT! That is.... UNLESS you are planning to dig a lake, pond , bust out several inches of concrete, or do some other heavy type construction work with it. You may wanna look to an excavator or dozer for that type of thing. It WILL dig a hole 8.5 foot deep in whatever you are trying to dig out though. Tree roots are a bit more difficult but if you've got the time you can rip em out just takes some finaglin (just like any other hoe). Get the biggest one you can afford....no sense messin with the small stuff.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #4  
Can anyone who bought a Bobcat and a Backhoe for it, tell me how well the backhoe digs? Great, good, fair, or look at another brand?
I'm in the market for one too. The problem with some of these hoes is that the subframe comes off with the hoe. The subframe is 5 -6 feet long. That's a problem with limited storage space. The Woods BH80-X has a subframe that remains attached to the tractor. Just something to think about.
The Woods and Kioti 2475 hoes have curved booms.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE?
Thanks for the imput guys. I was also considering a Woods for the same reasons Gumshu stated.

Hey Tinman, since you brought it up, I have noticed you've had a few problems. I was close to buying a 450, a month or two ago, but I decided to wait and see how these tractors held up before I pulled the trigger. So far, I'm a little wary, because of problems you and a few others have listed. Does your tractor still seem underpowered, or did you get it resolved. I hope it's the latter.

Anyone else having problems with the big three models? I have read some posts of at least one having problems with PTO, 4WD, and a broken hitch arm. Things like this have kept me on the fence, so far. I'm still leaning toward a Bobcat, but I may go with a DK55. Thanks, all.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #6  
I hate to even post much anymore until my dealer gets a chance to figure out what is wrong. My unit is deff underpowered some by design some which I think is from a mechanical defect in the way of hydro transfer the power. Im in the process of having a tech come out and test system I assume with a gauge for pressure.

As far as the tractor itself I do like it, I would assume the Kioti would be not much different mechanically so why buy one if it cost more.

Actual problems Ive had repaired are 2 o ring leaks and an adjustment of the tilt steering wheel. I had the rear remotes installed and they forgot to put 1 oring in and the other was split. The loader fitting had 2 o rings that blew out also due to over heating and over use because my system is underpowered at the moment. Patiently waiting the dealer to fix me up, I hope!!!

As far as the hoe goes I do like it and its potential. Derek of course has more time with his setup so I would take his word for it.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #7  
I don't know from experience but belong to a heavy equipment forum. Those folks on that site do not like the bobcat's very much, not sure why. A lot of them say they're gutless and not built very well?????????? Of course this is aimed towards mini excavators and such, but it would seem they'd all fall under the same heading.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #8  
20 20, I don't know that the Bobcat CUT would fall into the same group as the min ex. and other Bobcat built units. For Bobcat, the CUT is kinda like Craftsman is to Sears. They stick their name on it, but do not manufature any of the components, not even put it together. They are simply marketing another manufacturers tractor w. their names and support behind it. You would have to compare the Bobcat CUT to the Kioti's.
After doing research, overall, Kioti owners really like their machines. They are not the big three, so people are not buying them for the color they are painted, they are buying them because they feel they represent a very good quality product, and a fairly decent discount from the big three.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #9  
Thanks for the info CT230 Fan, I was not knocking bobcat either I allways thought they were a good machine, just repeating what I've read up on.

/ BOBCAT BACKHOE? #10  
Update. Hey. I was talking to my buddy Jeff today about some of the stuff we were talkin about on here. If we're all lucky enough I might get him to post a few things. He knows everything.. What he dont know aint even worth knowin.. I'll see what I can do.. Hope you are all excited..