Comparison Bobcat E85 vs John Deere 75/85G vs JCB vs CAT

/ Bobcat E85 vs John Deere 75/85G vs JCB vs CAT
The Bobcat E85 does NOT have DPF. But it also isn’t available with an angle blade, if that is a deal breaker.

It’s the only one of those you have listed that I have operated, so I am unable to offer any comparison. I did purchase a new E42 and have been very happy with it.

The new r-series E85 specs are pretty impressive on paper when lined up with the other models. I need to do a spreadsheet so I can list them all on there. I'd really like to have the angle blade if at all possible, would make things that much easier when backfilling or whatnot. Wonder how Bobcat got away with no DPF where nearly all the rest have it, but seems like less to go wrong.

/ Bobcat E85 vs John Deere 75/85G vs JCB vs CAT #12  
Likely same as Case. They have a DOC and SCR. Much better system IMHO. Less frequent and less severe heat cycling.

/ Bobcat E85 vs John Deere 75/85G vs JCB vs CAT #13  
I would go Deere or Hitachi , same machines . Most of these machines are good . Depends on dealer .

/ Bobcat E85 vs John Deere 75/85G vs JCB vs CAT #14  
I've operated Cats, Kubotas and Takeuchis and like the Kubotas best. Like their tractors, they are built simply, but are very durable. At my old company we had two that were abused daily without ever having issues. My new company has Cats and again, they are nice machines. I do agree that the Cats seem a little under powered in comparison. Slower too. I'm partial to Japanese branded excavators and most Cats (even the 314 and 320 size) feel like they are running at idle to me.

I think you'll be best served with a Kubota. The KX 080 has an optional angled blade, has a 15' dig depth (max) and is about 19K lbs.

One thing to think about is cab space. Most mini machines are a tight squeeze for me, but seemed the Tak had the easiest egress. Definitely sit in some seats and operate them a little. It may not seem like a big deal until you have to jump in and out of a machine a dozen times per day.

/ Bobcat E85 vs John Deere 75/85G vs JCB vs CAT
JUST A QUICK UPDATE:

Jobs have picked up since our rainy season has died down, so
i’ve had an opportunity to check out a few of the machines on the list.

Bobcat E85: although the specs looked fantastic on paper, it is grossly underpowered once you get into hard soils. It seems to have a decent amount of weight but not enough power or break out force to back it up. The interior feels cheap and the pedals are thin plastic. The demo model we had for a day could not dig deeper than 12’ feet, but in fairness it was really tough clay. We had to bring out a new CAT415F2 with extendahoe to finish the job and that tractor was also working hard. The E85 has some sort of magnetic safety sensor with a rubber bushing and cheap pin that goes through it...anyways, that snapped at some point and disabled the machine. Pretty disappointed overrall, but I’d probably give it another chance.

CAT 308E2: I must admit this machine was pretty impressive. The cab was roomy and did not feel cheap. This machine had the steel tracks with rubber pads which probably gave it some additional stability. It tore through very rocky soil and did not seem to be low on power. I wouldn’t hesitate to get back into this machine again, but I am curious what our maximum depth would be as it maxed out at 10’ when we hit solid rock.

John Deere 85G: the rental we had wasn’t their newest model, it had over 3,000 hours and it showed! I’d like to get into something a little newer to get a better idea of its capabilities. I know Deere has upped their game recently, so I’d like to see whst they’ve done. We ended up doing a shallow excavation on this machine too so I don’t know the actual depth.

Are manufacturers spec’ing the rated depth with the machine flat on its tracks or with the blade behind and down? Im assuming with the tracks flat on the ground and blade in front.