Bobcat S330 drive issue (video included)

/ Bobcat S330 drive issue (video included) #1  

clint485

Tractor
2007 bobcat s330
Looking for any ideas here. Bought this machine on an auction and paying the price.
The machine is a 2007 Bobcat s330 with 2243hrs and the SJC (selectable joystick controls)
Bucket tilt and lift controls are strong and responsive.
The machine doesn't like to move. The left side drive is very weak and clunky as times when trying to move. It will usually try to move for a second then kick out. On the joysticks forward motion on the left side drive motor sometimes makes the whole machine travel in reverse. Most of the time you just get little or no motion or sound from the left side motor. both sticks forward gets forward motion but pulls to the left. I'm going to go check the drive case drain filters and see what comes out of them (metal and what type) but I was curious if anyone has any feedback. Some of the things this drive motor does is weird so I'm curious if it just a failed drive motor or motor...maybe less.
Here is a link to a video of the machine moving forward. If you listen you hear the chatter from the left side drive motor and you see it walking to the left.

There is a youtube video from a previous auction of the machine that ends with this after the dot com/watch?v=kT2s7KDwO0w
I can't post a link until I have 3 posts but I am not spaming or selling something. The video is for troubleshooting purposes

I'm hoping the case drain filters tell me something. I have opened the drive chain case and the oil looks clean and fresh. No real evident wear on the front chains but a more slack on the left side front chain.
I was wondering what a sign of a failing drive motor bearing would be. Could it cause chain play and the binding sound you hear in the video? Could this just be a failing drive motor?
Machine says charge pressure is 335 on average. I am looking into testing to verify with gauges. New machine to me. Anything thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I have a manual but a lot of there testing on that is through specialty equipment.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat S330 drive issue (video included)
Update
Opened case drain filter above chain case. Didn't find much of anything, a small chip of aluminum, a speck of red sealant and a speck of brass, overall seemed like an older filter that was dirty. Changed it out then pulled the middle chain case cover and found the issue. Left side motor carrier shaft pulled into the chain case and is touching the right side motor carrier shaft. I'm going to pull the motor then the left side carrier. I'm guessing the snap ring broke and the shaft walked in. Hoping it didn't damage the drive motor. my question now it do I have to pull the front left axle out to slack the front drive chain enough for removal of the motor carrier. In my shop manual is talks about sliding the carrier to the back of the machine to remove the rear chain but nothing about the front. Guess I will find out more tomorrow or whenever I have time to drain and pull this apart. If anyone has pointers let me know. Thanks.

Here is that video of the symptom

20200516_191809.jpg
Here's the problem.