Buying Advice bobcat skidsteers

/ bobcat skidsteers #1  

markronson

I own a construction company and recently one of my bobcats has completely packed up on me and won't work atall...my company is only small so i've only ever needed one bobcat skidsteer...i haven't had this one for more than 9 months and it's already broken and it cost a lot of money...does anyone have any idea where i can get a decent bobcat from that preferably is going to last longer than a year as clearly the place i used before is an unreliable source and that isn't too expensive?

/ bobcat skidsteers #2  
Maybe if you could be a little more descriptive of your problem we could help you out with the one you have. What model is it? What exactly stopped working? Is it an engine problem? Is it a drive problem? No matter what machine you own or operate, you cannot run them indefinately without having some problems. For the last 8 years I have worked for a landscape contractor that had a fleet of Bobcats. They are great machines but require some maintenance and repair.

Brian

/ bobcat skidsteers #3  
I haven't had mine long but being able to work on your own machine helps. I picked up and O L D 742 at an auction. Gas engine (ford) and not running. It did spin when the key was turned (well button) so I figured I'd be able to resurrect it. About $300 later and it purrs like a kitten and all hydraulics work. Now mine isn't for a business so I understand time is money but these machines tend to perform like the enegizer bunny (they keep going and going and going). I also assume that you've performed your scheduled maintenance and have documented it. So if this was purchased from a dealer and you only have had it for 9 months I'd be contacting the dealer for help.