Bobcat type hydraulic hose connecting

/ Bobcat type hydraulic hose connecting #1  

NVArt

Tractor
Case 580C, Bobcat 743, Lull, Ford 1310, Cat. D2, Michigan 275
We all know how pressure can build in hydraulic lines making connection difficult.
Has anyone tried using a CO2 fire extinguisher to cool them, making the bubbles smaller?
Whaddya thing?

/ Bobcat type hydraulic hose connecting #2  
It would probably work but loosening a fitting just takes a second and spills maybe a teaspoon of oil.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat type hydraulic hose connecting #3  
They make tools for releasing pressure in hoses/connectors..... Using C02 to cool connector is a probably waste of time because you need to cool all the lines associated with connector to get fluid to contract...

/ Bobcat type hydraulic hose connecting #4  
On my Bobcat CT-230, I shut everything down, wiggle ALL the control levers back and forth (on both the tractor, and on the backhoe or log splitter that I am attaching, and then try to join them. If that doesn't quite work, I use a short wooden dowel, covered with a rag, and use that to tap the protruding seal button on the female connector ends. Then I cover the male connector ends with a rag and tap that seal button with a hammer. That almost always releases all the pressure, and I lose hardly a teaspoon of hydraulic fluid. If you have different connector seals, you might need to modify that procedure. If there is enough pressure in the system that a light hammer tap won't break the seal, you need to do more to release residual pressure in the system.