Bolens TX1500F 3 point bleed down

/ Bolens TX1500F 3 point bleed down #1  

drtimjm

Tractor
Bolens 1500F
I have a very cool ol Bolens TX1500F. It does have a few issues that I am working through.

1. The 3 point raises and lowers fine but when you raise it, it bleeds back down slowly and just wont's stay a set height. I replaced the control valve and I pulled out the suction strainer. The mesh strainer was mostly gone and way messed up. Problem one is finding a new mesh strainer. Does anyone know what a part number for the mesh strainer might be or where I could get one? Also, I suspect the bits and pieces of the old mesh strainer may have passed into the pump and maybe else where. Would that cause the bleed down of the 3 point system? Any suggestions here? I was thinking I should take the pump off and pull it apart to find any trash there. Does that sound right? I was also suspecting maybe a relief valve of some sort may be malfunctioning. I know some of these tractors had that at the head of the cylinder but mine does not. Does anyone know where else that could be or anything else that can cause the bleed down of the hydraulic system. thanks

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 82