Winches Bolt on winch for BX series?

/ Bolt on winch for BX series? #1  

acohen100

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I have been thinking about getting a winch for my BX24. If I remove the guard there are bolt spaces on the front where it looks like I might be able to mate a winch. Anyone done this? Is the spacing of the bolt holes on the front of the tractor standard for mounting a winch?

/ Bolt on winch for BX series? #2  
Don't think there is a "standard" for mounting holes. Besides most all winches are designed to be mounted flat where the front plate on a BX is vertical. I plan to make an angle plate to mount whatever I put there, or I may mount a short 2" ID receiver stub there, then I could place a variety of items into it.

I recently picked up this one-Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices that is a great deal. Or is it? I may be returning it because the radio control works but there is a problem- you cannot activate the winch for just a split second to inch the cable in or out, which is a necessity. Any rapid press of the winch button operates it for about 2-3 seconds moving a foot or more of cable. Not good, and frankly could be a huge safety issue. Maybe that's why they knocked $100 off:cool:

/ Bolt on winch for BX series? #3  
Do you guys think the alternators and batteries can handle a electric winch?

/ Bolt on winch for BX series? #4  
Not for long! Short infrequent pulls are usually ok. I drain the battery in my Yamaha Rhino in short order on long pulls, even with the engine running. Battyery is about the same size as the one in my BX24.

/ Bolt on winch for BX series? #5  
The BX24 is equiped with a alternator and not like the previous models as an option only, way better output than a gen. As for the battery, there is room for a bigger one if longer usage of the winch is needed.

I have instaled my winch on a 2in square tubing, I can move it from one vehicle to the next just by using the hitch receiver. You might want to install a receiver in the front of your Bx. you could use it for your winch and has a front hitch (best way to back up a trailer in a tight spot). I use my Bx to move my 27ft camper around the yard with ease compared to my extended pick-up with long box.

/ Bolt on winch for BX series? #6  
Skyco said:
I recently picked up this one-Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices that is a great deal. Or is it? I may be returning it because the radio control works but there is a problem- you cannot activate the winch for just a split second to inch the cable in or out, which is a necessity. Any rapid press of the winch button operates it for about 2-3 seconds moving a foot or more of cable. Not good, and frankly could be a huge safety issue. Maybe that's why they knocked $100 off:cool:

Skyco,
Maybe a new switch? There are momentary contact switches available although sending short bursts of juice to the motor may not be the way to keep it happy.

Heck of a deal on it if it works.