Boosting Hydro Press on Bx23 !!

/ Boosting Hydro Press on Bx23 !! #1  

bigkahuna

Do you think this would work Prince PTO Tractor Pump 11.4 GPM, Model# HC-PTO-2A | Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment

I had the idea of running the output off the BH remotes to the input of the auxilary pump and the output of the auxilary pump to the log splitter and the return from the splitter to the input of the BH remote. This should in theory us the tractors hydro reservoir.

Let me know if you think it would work.

Thanks,

Kip.

/ Boosting Hydro Press on Bx23 !! #2  
bigkahuna said:
Do you think this would work Prince PTO Tractor Pump 11.4 GPM, Model# HC-PTO-2A | Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment

I had the idea of running the output off the BH remotes to the input of the auxilary pump and the output of the auxilary pump to the log splitter and the return from the splitter to the input of the BH remote. This should in theory us the tractors hydro reservoir.

Let me know if you think it would work.

Thanks,

Kip.

I am no expert on hydraulics in any sense, but are you saying you want to connect hoses off your tractors hydraulic system to this PTO hydraulic pump to boost the output to a log splitter and return to your tractors hydraulics? :eek: My Spider senses tell me that is going to cause irreversible damage to your tractors hydraulics that, being underpowered as a given, doesn't have enough capacity to begin with....I'd be surprised if that was advisable. Again, I am no expert.

/ Boosting Hydro Press on Bx23 !!
Ok, are you questioning if the return pressure going in to the tractor would be too much?

/ Boosting Hydro Press on Bx23 !! #4  
That would be my immediate fear, but again, I am no expert. Perhaps the higher pressure may just flow passed without any complication. My other concern would be that the Prince pump needs a reservoir of the 11+gallons that is its capacity.

yeah, I need to figure out how big the reservoir for the BX23 is.

/ Boosting Hydro Press on Bx23 !! #6  
I suspect that you would cavitate the prince pump and ruin it. Even if you ram the tractor at wide open throttle, you would not have enough flow for the prince pump. I get the inpression that you are looking for more GPM rather than pressure. I don't feel that an increase in PSI back into the tractor would hurt anything so long as you don't raise the TPH and bottom out that cylinder. The best way would be to install another tank on the log splitter.

ron

I agree as well with the tank being mounted on the splitter. There does not really appear to be any easy way to efficiently split wood with a BX23. At the end of the day by the time i buy a pump a reservoir and a splitter. I could have bought a stand alone unit. Oh well thanks fo rthe help.

Kip