Bore & Stroke

/ Bore & Stroke #1  

Deerlope

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900
Would anyone know or know when I could find information beyoud what Kubota puts on their web site for their tractor engines. On the new L 40 series the 47,50,52,5740 all have the same cu.. in displacement. My big ? is are they just using different fuel setting on the injection pump to get more Hp.

/ Bore & Stroke #2  
Deerlope said:
Would anyone know or know when I could find information beyoud what Kubota puts on their web site for their tractor engines. On the new L 40 series the 47,50,52,5740 all have the same cu.. in displacement. My big ? is are they just using different fuel setting on the injection pump to get more Hp.

The 47 is naturally aspirated, the others are all turbocharged.
I expect you'll find a combination of turbo settings (or the turbo itself) as well as injection pump settings. If just turbo settings, this may be as simple as adding or removing shims.
I'd also expect all these tractors share a repair manual, so that's the first place to look.

BTW, this doesn't mean they're actually the same Bore and Stroke...although I'd wager they are using the same basic engine.

Last edited:
   / Bore & Stroke
According to tractordata.com which I just found in another post they all have the same bore and stroke.