Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #11  
Congrats on the new rig and it just goes to show you what patience can do for ya!

I'm in the process of trying to decide on my next tractor but need to sell the older ones first. I had been really into the JD 4520 but the more and more I look at the 5240 and 5740 the more I want one of those now! Hopefully I'll luck out like you since I'm in the same boat and need implements as well.

Did you save a good amount over buying used? How long did it take you to find the perfect deal like that?

Congrats again and show us some pics when you get it! I probably missed it but was it a cab model?

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements
Definitely, I'll post pictures when the orange love arrives. :licking: :thumbsup:

Yaaaaaay ... the rig will be outbound tomorrow by mid afternoon, Washington state to Texas ... I'm guessing it should be here by next Tuesday or Wednesday. I've done the drive myself a few times, tag team style with a friend, each time 40 hours +/- without stops, but thankfully there are laws against commercial truck drivers from doing something so tiring and potentially dangerous ... as in it would be dangerous if he damaged my first ever tractor and implements. :cool:

It is not a cab model. Since we plan to use this around the horse barn, we were looking to maintain flexibility of clearances. The cab had its appeal, but ... funny, even when its 105 F outside, I still tend to wear work jackets during chores to keep clean and prevent all the wear and tear on my flesh. I can't tell you how many people think I'm crazey for those jackets, but heck, I'm sweating no matter, and I can strip them off and be reasonably clean afterwards.

I was undecided between a L48, M6040/7040, and perhaps delusional about a M59 for maybe 4 months. Like many others, I poured over the brochures, drove a few, visited numerous dealers, and spent untold hours on TBN and Tractorhouse for 6 months including the 4 months of being undecided. For the last 2 months, we were decided on the L5740 and implements while fantasizing about a screaming deal on a M59, and we were in contact and had a "handshake deal" on our ultimate purchase within a few days of it first being listed on Tractohouse. There had been a few other L5740's listed during that same time that were of interest, but none were the deal we ultimately found.

The build your own Kubota website priced this as $42700 new if including the cost to foam the rear tires, and the Kubota QA pallet forks and all the various Landpride implements would have been another $10,000+ if new. We bought a package with 447 hours that was put in service January 2008 (one year remaining of factory powertrain warranty) for half that total (including: seller paid the original dealer for the 400 hour service, and I paid the dealer for thorough inspection of all and pressure testing of hydraulics, service on misc, new blades for rotary cutter, prepping and supervising the rigging/loading for trucking, and I arranged a commercial trucking service).

On top of it all, we had great peace of mind in making such a long distance purchase ... having the original (and very reputable) dealer involved plus the seller had bought this L5740 and 4 other Kubotas from the same dealer plus being a honorable person (20 year US Coast Guard vet and 10 year police vet).

With luck, I'll be in the seat this time next week. Gosh, our pasture needs this tractor. :laughing: