Bought a CT2025

/ Bought a CT2025 #1  

hyperrust

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40, Bobcat CT2025
Pics: Bobcat 225 - Album on Imgur

Just got a new CT2025 this week. I'd been looking for a tractor about this size for a while on the used market, but nothing came up for a reasonable price. I started looking at new tractors including Kubota, John Deere, Mahindra, and Kioti. Everything near me was about $18-19K with a loader, HST, and R4s. That was more than I wanted to spend, so I decided to wait longer for something used to pop up.

However, I stumbled across the CT2025 when dealer recommended it to me instead of a Kioti CK2610 which they didn't have in stock. I knew that Kioti used to make tractors for Bobcat, but I didn't know they started again. When I heard about the free loader program Bobcat has right now for cash purchases, it was a done deal. Ended up at $15,500 otd pre-tax for HST/R4s and a loader- a crazy good deal compared to the competition. A Kubota L2501 was going to be over $19K otd.

This is a second tractor for us, and it will primarily be used to pull a 6' drag in a couple riding arenas. I'll use it for other random chores too. My main tractor continues to be my Kioti DK40 (much stronger/heaver/etc), but so far I'm liking the CT2025. It's more nimble than the DK40, and it lifts and pulls the appx 700lb drag just fine. I also put a spear on the front just to see how it did with a round bale (900lbs per the hay guy, not verified). It moved it around with no apparent difficulty at all. I'll still use the bigger tractor for the round bales most of the time since it's more stable, but the CT2025 will be a fine backup.

I only have about two hours on it so far, so I can't say much about pros/cons. If anyone has questions I'll try to answer them as I use it more.