Bought a new NH 450 Deluxe Net/Twine Rollbelt

/ Bought a new NH 450 Deluxe Net/Twine Rollbelt #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Sold my getting troublesome NH 638 I've had for years (bought new). I don't run many rounds actually less lately than I used to (about 150 a year now) and I had an agreement with a local farmer to run them but he's always busy when I need my hay run so I sold the old one and bought a new one.

The 638 did a good job for a twine only baler in 4x4's and of course I only run NH tools so I'm hoping the 450 is as reliable as the 638 was. Rwine works but net is better. Better looking bales and easier handling.

Haven't took delivery yet. Got the bale command hard wired in the tractor though. I have 50 rounds pre sold on third cut, paid for in advance so it's at least 50 four squares for sure.

I'll havre to get used to the electronics. My old baler was a toggle switch. This one 'thinks' for itself. Good thing. I'm getting too old to think. Anyone else have one?

/ Bought a new NH 450 Deluxe Net/Twine Rollbelt #2  
What was wrong with the 638? Why 450 over the new BR7050 baler (I think that's newest variant of the 638)

/ Bought a new NH 450 Deluxe Net/Twine Rollbelt #3  
Hey 5030. Keep up to date on your 450. Haven't heard much out of anyone that has netwrap on a 450. I think it's a nice looking baler for the money. Local dealer won't stock one with net for some reason. They're doing 600-750 4x4 bales per year with a JD 448 but wife would like to go to netwrap.

/ Bought a new NH 450 Deluxe Net/Twine Rollbelt #4  
Hey 5030. Keep up to date on your 450. Haven't heard much out of anyone that has netwrap on a 450. I think it's a nice looking baler for the money. Local dealer won't stock one with net for some reason. They're doing 600-750 4x4 bales per year with a JD 448 but wife would like to go to netwrap.

We have sold a half dozen 450's with twine only with good results. Based on feedback from other dealers and the cost spread between a 450 with net and a BR7060 with net, we urge buyers looking for net to step up to the BR.

/ Bought a new NH 450 Deluxe Net/Twine Rollbelt #5  
We have sold a half dozen 450's with twine only with good results. Based on feedback from other dealers and the cost spread between a 450 with net and a BR7060 with net, we urge buyers looking for net to step up to the BR.

There's almost a $9K spread between the 450 with net and a BR7060 with net.

According to this article the BR series is dead.

New Holland Media Kit

/ Bought a new NH 450 Deluxe Net/Twine Rollbelt #6  
There's almost a $9K spread between the 450 with net and a BR7060 with net.

According to this article the BR series is dead.

New Holland Media Kit

Likely for 2015. We have sold several BR's in 2014. It took NH two years to get the BR netwrap system reliable between hardware and software changes. I doubt RB's will be much different.....

There ought to be regulations against anyone making a round baler with the pickup the same width as the chamber.