Box blade for 4500

/ Box blade for 4500 #1  

onobed

Tractor
In the market
Hi All,
Still awaiting the delivery of my 4500. I have been using a 48 box blade on an old Kubota. What size box blade can the 4500 handle. I understand this is a function of many things. That said, for those using box blades, what size are your using and any recommendations on brand.

Thanks in advance

/ Box blade for 4500 #2  
I doubt many use a box blade on the 3 point hitch if equipped, the weight of the tractor just isn’t there. The option for the ventrac is the front mounted power rake or as others call it the power box rake. Your wallet will be lighter to the tune of $7000 if you buy new and I haven’t seen them less than $5k used in the roughest shape.

/ Box blade for 4500 #3  
Still awaiting the delivery of my 4500. I have been using a 48 box blade on an old Kubota.
I just signed an order for a 4500 P. I added the three point hitch with hydraulic top link.

I believe a 48" box blade will be max. Geometry of 48" box blade should be compatible with Ventrac TPH and Ventrac small wheels.

Ventrac 4500 and a subcompact tractor weigh about the same, around 1,600 pounds, weight being primary determinate of tractor capability.

Last edited:
   / Box blade for 4500 #4  
A 4500 series Ventrac is front engine and the only one that has 3 point. You can always put an implement on the front and pick up an other 5-600 lb plus add dual wheels for more traction.... jim

/ Box blade for 4500 #5  
Hi All,
Still awaiting the delivery of my 4500. I have been using a 48 box blade on an old Kubota. What size box blade can the 4500 handle. I understand this is a function of many things. That said, for those using box blades, what size are your using and any recommendations on brand.

Thanks in advance

I for one don't like working looking backwards so I use the power bucket and I made a ripper for the the 3n1 that fits on the 3 point hitch. works good and it will fill the bucket up and roll over the back in original ground and it will hold a grade pretty darn good.... jim

/ Box blade for 4500
I for one don't like working looking backwards so I use the power bucket and I made a ripper for the the 3n1 that fits on the 3 point hitch. works good and it will fill the bucket up and roll over the back in original ground and it will hold a grade pretty darn good.... jim

Thanks for the reply. If by chance you can share a picture that would be great.

Separate topic: it seems that the power rake could accomplish the same task (albeit at 10x the price). Is my understanding of the power rake correct?

/ Box blade for 4500 #7  

Separate topic: it seems that the power rake could accomplish the same task (albeit at 10x the price). Is my understanding of the power rake correct?

I'm 76 don't have a clue how to put pics on this thing. I never saw or used power rake. But I have a lot of hours on a Cat D11R CD and a 992G ...... lol Now if you get the 3 point on the 4500 you can use your box blade on it and if you get the hydraulic top link it will work good and with a ripper it will work easy with the front bucket. I took out about 20 pine trees and ground the stumps. Loaded al the chips away and filled the holes and graded it off with ventrac and the stump grinder , power bucket and my home made ripper. I removed the sod and hauled the dirt down fill the holes then back filled the where I removed the topsoil with the sod. All are growing grass ..... jim

/ Box blade for 4500 #8  

The power rake is the ultimate finish grading tool. I use one on my long steep gravel drive. I also use it in the winter to bust up thick ice that accumulates on it. I’ve also used it on the lawn to get rid of humps and bumps and to prepare hard pack dirt to put down seed. All ventrac attachments are expensive. Don’t look at the boom mower if you think the power rake is expensive.

/ Box blade for 4500 #9  
The power rake is the ultimate finish grading tool. I use one on my long steep gravel drive. I also use it in the winter to bust up thick ice that accumulates on it. I’ve also used it on the lawn to get rid of humps and bumps and to prepare hard pack dirt to put down seed. All ventrac attachments are expensive. Don’t look at the boom mower if you think the power rake is expensive.

I really don't see it as a grading tool, it just fluffs up the material. It takes a blade to grade, as far as the ultimate finish grading tool would be a grader on GPS. Now if they would put a blade behind the power rake the you could adjust each side separately it would be a great tool....... jim