box blade scraper retention

/ box blade scraper retention #1  
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST
I picked up this box blade and having trouble keeping the scrapers in place. When the scrapers are in place, there is about 5/8" gap behind them. The guy i bought it from had these bent pins behind it, but they really arent tight enough to take up the space, so allow the scraper to move, which eventually causes the bent pin to fall all the way through. I guess i could get bigger bent pins. But there are also lynch pins welded behind it (not sure the reason, but its on all of them so there has to be some reason?). I was thinking maybe use bigger square snap pins, the ones that are a pin with a square shaped wire that snaps over bottom to secure, not sure the real name but theyre about $10ea at tractor supply. Never seen a box blade that was like this so seeing if someone knows how they are supposed to work.

Attachments

• 20230716_164811.jpg
    20230716_164811.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 87
   / box blade scraper retention #2  
Those are the wrong pins, they are supposed to be square shank pins but bent just the same as those. They aren't supposed to fit very tight either. Those are called scarifiers, not scrapers. Don't know about the welded lynch pins.

/ box blade scraper retention #3  
Don't those scarifiers have holes drilled through the side of them so that a pin can be inserted THROUGH the center of the flat side and lay on top of that crosspiece to hold them at a certain adjustable depth??

I use my box blade a lot. Hardly ever use the scarifiers. I pretty much leave them in the highest position so they're not engaging the ground.

/ box blade scraper retention #4  
Every box blade I've ever seen has adjustments using pins like this . . . Would like to see a better pic of yours . . .

1698928796086.png

/ box blade scraper retention #5  
Those are the wrong pins, they are supposed to be square shank pins but bent just the same as those. They aren't supposed to fit very tight either. Those are called scarifiers, not scrapers. Don't know about the welded lynch pins.

Never seen those with notches instead of holes before, but that's your answer above.

Here's a discussion with pics about it. Parts are readily available online.

Sorry that I didn't read your post more carefully. I agree that it's an unusual setup.

/ box blade scraper retention #7  
Gannon on MF in picture and box blade with rotating rippers/scarifiers have a spring steel V shape to them. Hammer usually involved. Now if I could only find the 2 lost while road scraping, contouring, tearing up underground hornets nest and clearing drainage 8 to 10 years ago.

/ box blade scraper retention #8  
Hardee is completely different. I'll have to get a pic of mine. Mine looks similar to what he has but he is missing some pieces.

/ box blade scraper retention #9  
You need the flat pins (or similar) like C4HOhio posted. The lynch pins are probably just there so you could flip the ring over and have it apply a spring force down on the bent end of the pin to keep it from 'jumping' out (dont know why it would but i understand Murphy's Law quite well, so..).