Branson 4225h Value in Used Market?

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market? #1  

arnoldziffel

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 4225h, Mahindra 2516, several Toro Wheel Horse 522xi machines.
I have a very low hour 4225h that I’m considering selling.
Any opinions on a ballpark value?

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market? #2  
Is that all the info you're going to give? :unsure:

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market? #3  
With no other info...20k? Of course that could vary wildly depending on condition, options, etc.

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market?
Additional details:

-Purchased new in 2020
-Has never been worked -- no 3 point attachments. no use of the loader.
-Garage kept since delivery
-Fewer than 50 hours
-Driven 3 or 4 times per year around our flat 53 acre farm fields.
-no additional options, just the complete standard 4225h factory package

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market? #5  
Open station, any rear remotes?

Where are you located?

20-25 K ?

What is used stuff going for in your area? How rural are you?

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market? #6  
Looks like it was around 22-24K when new and these Korean tractors don't hold value as well it seems. my opinion says $16-18K is all I would expect to pay...

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market? #7  
There's a 3725R on Tractorhouse with 285 hours asking $18k. The 4225 is basically the same tractor with the injection pump turned up for 5hp more. I don't know what the price difference was when new but I expect it wasn't huge.

I think an H would go for a little more.

/ Branson 4225h Value in Used Market? #8  
I get the feeling the value of used Bransons depends heavily on the strength of the dealer support, and therefore brand overall, in your local market. In my area (eastern Ontario), there's a successful, long term Branson dealer and people know the brand (even if they've bought something else), and recognize it as a manual rather than electronic workhorse. But I know folks elsewhere, where Branson was never really a thing, who would look at a 4225H as a deprecated model from a no-longer marketed brand (Branson) of a 2nd tier manufacturer (Tym), and discount accordingly.

For what it's worth, I have a Branson 4225h, no cab, about 280 hours, bought 2019. Had backhoe on it. When I bought a miniex and had it delivered earlier this year, the delivery driver asked what I was going to do with the tractor+backhoe, and offered me C$30k for it after briefly looking it over. He upped his offer quickly to C$32k and it was pretty clear his intent would be to fix some stuff I hadn't gotten around to and then resell it, i.e. it was worth more.

We weren't interested in selling the whole tractor (use it for a range of stuff and have a bunch of attachments), just the backhoe attachment itself, which I ended up selling on consignment at the local Branson dealer later this summer. It was bought by a guy who was just acquiring a used(I think) Branson sitting on the dealer's lot, so there is interest in Bransons.

I'm not sure Canadian pricing is fully comparable to U.S. since the price on new equipment is distorted in weird and wacky ways by tariffs in both countries, and that percolates through to the used market too. But C$32k converts to U$23.5k. That's including backhoe, which ended up being sold separately for U$5700 (converted). So there's one datapoint for you - 4225h like yours, 2019, 280 hours, decent but not super shape, up here presumably worth more than U$18k (23.5-5.7), with loader and bucket but no other attachments. How much more, who knows.

Last edited: