Branson Tractors

/ Branson Tractors #1  

Triton1

Tractor
Branson 4020
Decided today to finally log in and join everybody and maybe give some insight on my experiences and a little background. I purchased a Branson 4020 W/ FEL during the summer of 2003. Like everybody else, I shopped the big three and found the Branson to be the least expensive. I know price is not always the major selling point (Support, History, Sex appeal) but to a small time rancher with a big mortgage, I decided to give it a shot. Nothing is 100% USA anymore and the dealer is only 20 miles away. My basic needs were grading of a gravel road, bush hogging, moving round bales, clearing of brush etc. I have 30 acres, 7 head of cattle and countless "pets". I am extremely happy with my purchase it so far has done everything I have asked it to do. Currently I have 63 hours on it and I will never buy another tractor without a FEL. Keep the Century/Branson threads coming. Sweet Greggo...out.

/ Branson Tractors #2  
Triton1, welcome aboard with the rest of us newbies. Good to hear of your success with the 4020, since I only have 5 hrs on my 4020. I have 16 acres, with 5 acres tillable. I burn wood, so have a small cart I like to use in the woods to haul out firewood. My drive is gravel and is on a hill, so I am constantly in need of grading and keeping it in shape. I also am tired of shoveling snow. In the summer I mow quite a bit, so hoping to add a rotary cutter, maybe a finish mower. I like to raise a garden, so a tiller is on my dream list. I'm also interested in getting a front blade for the FEL. I've asked my dealer to look into that possibility. He is looking into working with another local equipment mfg to create something for the Branson loader. I believe he is going to try to work with the mfg in Jan, so when I hear something , I will be reporting. I am already finding my backhoe to be quite useful, but will be using it more when spring arrives and I can get started on preparing a pole barn site. I built my own home, so I love to build things...and I know the 4020 is going to be a great asset. Reading this TBN site has been very helpful ....however has already got me customizing, as I have decided I need to get a tooth bar for the loader, as well as I want to add some hooks to the top of the bucket. I enjoy seeing all the pictures on this forum. Also seeing what some people have done on their projects inspired me to get a tractor and get started. Keep us informed, and send us a picture if you can.

pete