Break-in Procedure 3616

/ Break-in Procedure 3616 #21  
Appreciate the reply, dickfoster. Nicely worded.

I'll continue trolling the forums until I am ready to proceed, but that will entail a move down the pike, so I can't even go see the dealers at this time as the move will be several states away. I will definitely be interested in the dealer. I looked online and found the local Mahindra dealer was usually given either 4.5-5 starts or 1 star, depending on the review. Talk about inconsistent. The 5 star guys heaped praise and the 1 star guys were all scorn.

I knew one guy who worked at a tractor dealer and he said they had one guy who was the best tractor mechanic they had ever seen, but was a complete dud with customers. The 1 star guys at that other Mahindra dealer mentioned the mechanic as the rude connection. That seems unusual since most dealers don't put mechanics on the phone to start with.

Looking into it will have to wait until I get there.

Again, thanks.

Last edited:
   / Break-in Procedure 3616 #22  
Hi all.

Just purchased my first tractor...which I chose to be a Mahindra 3616! I am trying to sort out the break-in procedure for it, but the manual isn't making much sense to me. It says to have the "engine speed control lever position fully advanced" and "maintain engine speed 100 rpm above full load governed speed".

Can anyone help me out with what this means? I am not sure what to run my new tractor at for RPM, and want to make sure I break it in properly.

Thanks everyone; I look really forward to being apart of this forum with my new purchase!

Our DSR explained it this way. Note the engine RPM under load,PTO on,high range,full throttle,traction control full pedal. Now when you are using the tractor for those first hours modulate the traction control pedal to keep the RPM 100 over. Basically back of the pedal a little. Don't bog down the engine. Running in low range may achieve that with out thinking or looking at the tach.:thumbsup: