Broken cab windshield glass

/ Broken cab windshield glass #1  

William Reed

Tractor
JD 2305
I had just finished blowing snow with my JD2305 front blower and parked it in the garage. Came back out later to find the front windshield tempered glass on the floor in pieces. Apparently a small stone had hit the glass. Replacement cost is $360+tax plus $90 frt. The dealer didn't call me back with a price so I got the price from Curtiss, but they won't sell it to me as it has to go through the dealer who hasn't call me back. Anyone tried Lexan. I know the wiper is going to streak it, but for about $150, at least it won't end up on the garage floor when a rock hits it.

/ Broken cab windshield glass #2  
I would talk to a local glass company and see what they could do for you.

/ Broken cab windshield glass #3  
A buddy used it on his tractor but went and had a light tint from a window tinting place put on it. Something about the UV rays might do damage to it but dont quote me on that. The tinting seemed to protect it from scratches as well. Still looks pretty good and has been on it for a few years now.

/ Broken cab windshield glass #4  
I had a local auto glass company relace one for me once. They said as long as it was flat glass they could cut it. Ended up being about 1/3 the dealer price installed.