Broken Hood on NH TC33D

/ Broken Hood on NH TC33D #1  

careless

Tractor
NH TC33D
OK, through a series of mishaps, I've managed to mangle the hood of my NH TC33D. I'm not excited about buying a new $2500 hood and so I thought I'd try to repair it.

Any suggestions about what kind of glue/epoxy I should try to use? There are multiple cracks, the grill has come off and the hood is separated from the mounting plate.

Thx in advance

/ Broken Hood on NH TC33D #2  
Picture would help.
From the nature of your questions you sound inexperienced with fiberglass repair, just like me. Since you most likely haven't done this sort of thing before it's a decent guess that the finished project isn't going to be pretty and isn't likely to hold together well. More like a duct tape/ barn job thing. But you will still have most of the $2500.
How about a body shop. Some of those guys do a lot with fiberglass and might have it come out semi OK. Might get out of it for a few hundred if you shop.

/ Broken Hood on NH TC33D #3  
Picture would help.
From the nature of your questions you sound inexperienced with fiberglass repair, just like me. Since you most likely haven't done this sort of thing before it's a decent guess that the finished project isn't going to be pretty and isn't likely to hold together well. More like a duct tape/ barn job thing. But you will still have most of the $2500.
How about a body shop. Some of those guys do a lot with fiberglass and might have it come out semi OK. Might get out of it for a few hundred if you shop.

Good response.

/ Broken Hood on NH TC33D
That's a pretty good idea, thx. I'll check around.

Honestly, I really don't care what it looks like as long as it holds together. I've beaten the crud out of this tractor over the years and I really don't want to sink any significant amount of money into it. I think I'd rather bite the bullet and get a replacement tractor rather than pay 2500 for this latest mishap.

If this thread stays active, I'll get pictures, but the tractor (as part of the mishap) is currently mired in the mud in my woods and I'm waiting for the ground to dry some before I complete the extrication. If I took pictures now, I don't think I could make the issues clear. :(