Brush hoggin

/ Brush hoggin #21  
Another thing to consider (which you probably know) is that height of vegetation means far less than density. 2 feet of thick grass will take me as long as 10' high stalky, weedy vegetation. Although it is much nicer to see where you are going. When people ask me for a quote they say something like "it's about 4 feet high." That means little to me and sometimes I will ask if they can send a picture if they are far away otherwise I go check it out for myself.

My problem is that I live in the middle of farm country so everyone has their own tractor and usually bigger. I find myself in the suburbs usually.

/ Brush hoggin #22  
I bush hog with my TC 29...with a 5 foot bush hog ...I go 8 hours and burn 6 gallons of diesel....I suggest if you are burning that much fuel ...it must be a gasser or you need to get a different tractor...Wow !

/ Brush hoggin #23  
Another thing to consider (which you probably know) is that height of vegetation means far less than density. 2 feet of thick grass will take me as long as 10' high stalky, weedy vegetation. Although it is much nicer to see where you are going. When people ask me for a quote they say something like "it's about 4 feet high." That means little to me and sometimes I will ask if they can send a picture if they are far away otherwise I go check it out for myself.

My problem is that I live in the middle of farm country so everyone has their own tractor and usually bigger. I find myself in the suburbs usually.

Yep. Density is everything. Grass will really slow you down. Weedy stuff.....haul @$$:thumbsup:

I bush hog with my TC 29...with a 5 foot bush hog ...I go 8 hours and burn 6 gallons of diesel....I suggest if you are burning that much fuel ...it must be a gasser or you need to get a different tractor...Wow !

Yea, 4 gal/hr is excessive. Especially for ~23hp. As is the 6' cutter IMO. Even dads 8n gasser is under 2 gal per hour for similar HP. And I am right at 1 gal/hr for hard cutting.