Bubbling Around Injector

/ Bubbling Around Injector #1  

RMEADOWS

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1428
I went to fix my L245 this weekend and came about a snag. I have bubbling around the injector on the front cylinder. I went to tighten it but found the intake manifold in the way. I went to remove that I found the nuts for the injector lines on the pump were in the way. Finally got all that apart to find out I could not tighten it and figured the copper ring had gone bad per an early post.

I went to remove the injector to find out there is a nipple sticking out the side (fuel return?). This would not allow the injector to turn as the head cover is in the way. This is not coming off (it can't).

How do I get the injector off? Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Bubbling Around Injector
Got the injector off. Ended up breaking the nipple and now I will be buying a new injector.

I got out my parts manual and found out how to get off the head cover but after I broke the nipple thinking it had to screw out (I was wrong /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif).

Wish me luck getting the new injector and gasket in!

/ Bubbling Around Injector
Got it done!

Had to buy the nozzle for the fuel overflow but got it our and replaced the copper washer. All bubbling is gone.

After I did that I replaced the tube on the front tire, twice. Pinched it the first time.

Then I went to raise the rear of the bushhog and broke the bolt.

After 2 days of working on the tractor I finally got it going. Works like a charm and was able to cut the field with no problems. In fact, after I made all the adjustments I was able to cut the field with no bogging down and cut the field in record time.

Thanks for all the help in the past weeks on this.