Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found #1  

Glenn9643

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL
This may well be something in my system, but everything else seems to be working OK finally...
I can browse all of the other forums, but when I try to open this one i get the "cannot open page" screen. Anyone else?

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found #2  
The TBN folks appear to having technical difficulties there.

Please stand by....... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

....is probably in order.

SnowRidge

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found
Thanks. I've had so many problems with my system lately that I'm getting paranoid!

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found #4  
<font color="red"> ( I've had so many problems with my system lately that I'm getting paranoid!) </font>

Sir, here in Linux land, we don't have problems--at least none that we admit too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowRidge

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found #5  
Works now.

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've had so many problems with my system lately that I'm getting paranoid! )</font>

You've had problems? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I got so disgusted with mine that about a week ago (after paying $64.90 to get some problems ironed out and found that they weren't fixed after all), I spent way too much money and bought all new software (latest versions of things I've been using), wiped everything out, installed Windows and all the rest and got things working again except for Macromedia and Java and even though they showed to be downloaded and installed, they didn't work. So today, I was on the phone for 1.75 hours with Microsoft, and that nice young lady couldn't come up with a "fix" either /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, so we did a "clean install" and now it seems to be working (at least the things I've done so far).

And both times, I made backups or copies of my data files, but both times I forgot and wiped out all my e-mail addresses and my "favorites" list. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I'll learn some day. It's tough being a computer illiterate in this day and age. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found
You have my sympathies! I read in one of your posts a day or so back that you had installed all new software and were having problems with Java. Glad to hear that it seems OK now. I started having problems about the first of the month with mine. Everything would seem OK, and then about mid-day or early afternoon browsing would slowly go downhill. Crazy things that I couldn't imagine a reason for. I even posted a question here about the format for the site being changed because the pages were not displaying properly. I'm using Direcway one-way, which uses the modem for outward signals and satellite receiver for downloaded signals. Finally I bypassed the satellite receiver and everything was fine when only using the dialup modem, but SLOW. Called Direcway tech support and they decided it must be a virus after about three hours on the phone and two or three reinstalls. Still had problems this morning. Could receive emails but couldn't send. I removed the Direcway software and drivers from the system completely and rebooted several times and started back with a new installation and apparently it corrected the problem. We had some pretty severe lightning/storms about when this started so I may have had some files damaged by power surges or something. Anyway, it seems OK now.

/ Build-It Yourself Forum... server not found #8  
Glad yours seems OK, too, Glenn. My Internet service just got really slow; about like when I was in the country with dial-up service (to change pages on TBN would take several seconds, if not a minute, even though the timer on each page was showing less than .2 of a second), then after a couple of days, it got to where I could not go to any secure sites (my bank, credit cards, etc.). Whatever the technician at Fry's Electronics did enabled me to go to the secure sites again, but didn't help the speed at all, and Comcast said it had to be a corrupted Internet Explorer. So we'll hope they both keep working awhile now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif