Building a Shed

/ Building a Shed #1  

amorey

Tractor
Kubota BX24
Well I've put it off too long, my tractor lives in my garage when I'm working on it, in my driveway when I'm cleaning it or under a tarp under my deck when it's "sleeping". Time to build a shed.

I see a lot of three sided "pole" sheds here in central maryland, real popular among the local farmers. Anyone know where I can find plans, or maybe order a kit online?

a

/ Building a Shed #2  
When I built my shed several years ago, I just went to 84 Lumber , told them the size that I wanted and they did the plans.

/ Building a Shed #3  
Well I've put it off too long, my tractor lives in my garage when I'm working on it, in my driveway when I'm cleaning it or under a tarp under my deck when it's "sleeping". Time to build a shed.

I see a lot of three sided "pole" sheds here in central maryland, real popular among the local farmers. Anyone know where I can find plans, or maybe order a kit online?

a

Plans? Kit? You don't need no stinkin' plans?:)
Here's the equipment shed I built 2 years ago. Done from sketches on 8x11 sheets. Just make sure your posts are located in the correct positions and are truly vertical.

It's 20x28 ft, two 14x20 ft bays, 10ft roof in front sloping to 9 ft in the rear.

DSCF0090 (Small).JPGDSCF0095 (Small).JPGDSCF0098 (Small).JPG

18x18x18" concrete footings
4x6 PT posts with Simpson post brackets embedded in the footing
Doubled 2x12 (=4x12, glued and nailed = glulam/nailam) beams
2x6 rafters
2x4 girts and purlins
4x4 knee braces (lots of them) to stiffen the frame
28 ga R-panel metal roofing and siding
Gravel floor.

DSCF0072 (Small).JPG

Good luck