Burned JohnDeere 4100

/ Burned JohnDeere 4100 #61  
Have you got critters (e.g. horses and/or cattle) Jacob? How about turning that burned out bucket into some sort of feed or water trough?

I don't have critters, so maybe my suggestion is a bad one for a number of reasons that I don't know about.

/ Burned JohnDeere 4100
My Mom only has some chickens but my Dad has horses and 4 cows. This may be a useful idea. Thanks, it is a possibility.

/ Burned JohnDeere 4100
I got my tractor in town today. Im going to fix the oil leak on the front left axle as is leaks oil all over our garage floor. I happend to get the tiller, bucket, ROPS, and my rear blade on the trailer as well. I figured that Having all this in town will give me the oportunity to do something after I get off school. I plan to fix my tractor tomarrow, from the looks of the diagram, There are a LOT of little parts there. I'll work on the tiller when i get the $$$ to fix it, for now, I can keep it at the shop until I want to fix it. The Bucket I have is fixable and tomarrow I may try it out on a 2210 Deere to make sure it is up to several hundred more hours of work. I am bringing the blade to my dads to grade his driveway as well as the ROPS to go on my simplicity tractor.

/ Burned JohnDeere 4100 #64  
Yeah, the implements are still sitting there but eventualy I will start to work on them. I am going to test the bucket before spending $$$ on it. If it isnt marketable, i can find a way to use it on my tractors or my dad's tractor.

I would keep the bucket for yourself. I would also get the quick tack plates off the loader. Later on when you have some money fire up that Lincoln Buzz Box I saw in your shop and build a loader for the Yanmar. If you bend up the bucket you can always fix it. I would not sell it.

Chris

/ Burned JohnDeere 4100
I would get the attachment plates but the tractor is now burried in a dumpster to be hauled away. I almost took the attachment plates too.:( Anyway, I got to work on my tractor today. Took me a while to figure out how to jack it up and get the stands under it. I got the tires off, then made an attempt to remove the leaking part. I got all the bolts off that are connected too it but couldnt manage to get it off. So I just decided to reverse the front wheels for a wider stance. Tomarrow my grandpa and I are gonna work on it together. :)

Attachments

• 1-19-10 014.jpg
    1-19-10 014.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 1-19-10 027.jpg
    1-19-10 027.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 152
   / Burned JohnDeere 4100 #66  
I remember that type of leak on my Mitsubishi. Replace bushings and seals on both sides and that fixed it. The bushings had to be pressed in. Had that done at a machine shop if I remember correctly. Was a few years ago.