Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines!

/ Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines! #21  
On MY tillers, what you call worn out, sure wouldn't be worn out!!

They can be much more worn that that, and still do a good job!

SR

/ Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines!
The tine on the right is worn out. the other two are good for a few more acres.

Thanks! That was a very helpful pic! My tines are somewhere between tine 2 and 3....

/ Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines! #23  
What picture is showing is, if the tines still have a flat spot on the end, they still have a lot of life left in them and new ones won't improve performance.

/ Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines!
I did a ton of searching and found out there's a lot of tillers made by one company for multiple major companies (for Bush Hog anyway). That came as no surprise as that happens in a lot of major industries. For my bush hog RTS-74, i found out that the tines from the following makers and models are the exact same part:

Kubota BC & BL models
Maletti L-H-CL-SLN
New Holland
Ford 105A
Gill
Kuhn EL25
Panorama
Taylor Pittsburg, 900 252
Honda HTA & HTM

Ultimately, there are really only a few part numbers ive found that all have the same specs for my tines for my tiller:
1400077 (RH tine) (these are Maletti part numbers)
1400078 (LH tine)
64454 and 64452 (bush hog's part number)
BU64454 and BU64452 (New holland/Ford/Case)
ME1400077 (LH)
ME1400078 (RH)
MA1400077 (RH)(Kverneland part number, the company that took on Maletti when they went out of business)
MA1400078 (LH)

Ive found several Italian and French websites who sell these tines for about $4.50 or less each. The problem is they either don't ship to the US or the freight would be enough to increase the price to around 9.50 per tine. Anyone here have friends in Italy or France who would purchase and ship reasonably?

Although I did get lucky on ebay and find a seller who had some New Holland tines from a Ford tractor dealer that went out of business. I got 20 of my RH tines for $75! Now i just need 4 additional RH and all 24 LH. I've got until the spring of 2020 to find them....!

/ Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines! #25  
not sure how deep you are wanting to till but most tillers wont go more than 6 inches or so with the adjustable skids on them etc.....I have a cat 2 72" inch with 28oz tines and 42 of them, mine will go 8 inches deep and would put my 560 diesel ( that is not stock ) on its knees in a hurry and kill it if you werent careful, i did not use my hitch in float mode so going over undulations in the garden or wherever i tilled was challenging for the tractor - i can assure you if you are tilling 6 inches in heavy soil, that 2600 will have more than its hands full and i tilled in 1st gear only with my 560, i use it on my 706 ( not stock either ) now and it handles it so much better!!!! i dont now how much hp its turning but its not stock either ;-)

/ Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines! #26  
Talk about cheap and what ever. There is difference between cheap and frugal. The best is not always the most expensive. My step father was the most frugal and man I have ever known. His solution for tines on his gas powered tiller was galvanized pipe slipped over the tines. Worked well for him. I knows sounds like would not work but did well.

/ Bush Hog Tiller Replacement Tines! #27  
As a guy that does custom tilling, I have went through a LOT of tines over the years, and I can tell you "for sure" that IS a difference in quality of "some" of the brands of tines.

The problem is, I can't tell you what brands to stay away from, as I buy mine from the same place all the time, and he doesn't handle any poor quality tines. All I buy are Howard tines, as I've seen what "other" guys have to deal with buying cheapo tines.

I do know the Amish here bought some cheep tines that ended up being made in china, the tines ended up being absolutely junk, and the Amish guys ended up buying Howard tines to cure the problem.

I've never bought a "set" of tines, I replace as needed and that's been the most economical way for me, for my tillers...

SR