Business Ethics In The Tractor Industry

/ Business Ethics In The Tractor Industry #71  
Customer satisfaction should be priority number 1, otherwise business will not be successful for a long time
Unfortunately, most salespeople get paid on commission based on monthly or unit sales. No long term incentive for them. I like incentives that are focused on long term business relationships.

/ Business Ethics In The Tractor Industry #72  
Anyone look at the “business ethics” of how tractors are actually constructed? What lasts a long time and what doesn’t?

I have found that in larger Ag tractors, cast iron pumps rather than aluminum pumps. Some engines are equipped with dual fuel filters and some with single. Some have dual air filters, some with one.
Some engines parent bore, some are wet sleeved. Some have closed center hydraulics, some are open center.

These differences can amount to a big deal now and/or later in ownership. I find many buyers buy by brand popularity or dealership support, but what about the actual build of the tractor?

/ Business Ethics In The Tractor Industry #73  
My tractor purchase all hinge on how adept the dealer is and their location to my farm. I'd never buy any unit at distance simply because at some point you will need dealer intervention, be it for parts, or filters or whatever and dealers, being independent businesses, tend to 'cater' to those that purchased their unit from them, used or new.