Buying a New Tractor

/ Buying a New Tractor #1  

agman243

I am looking at buying a new Kubota tractor after the first of the year. The tractors that I have been looking at are the 3130 and the 4330 compact tractors. I need advice on which one I should buy and how much I should expect to pay with a front end loader.

This tractor will be used for mowing my yard, gardening, dirt work and bush hogging. My father has a 6' bush hog and I am wondering if I could use this with either tractor or would I have to buy a 5' mower.

I am leaning toward the 3130 because of price and the fact that it is lighter so it will not compact my yard as much.

Need help. Thanks

/ Buying a New Tractor #2  
I just purchased an L3130. Very happy with my choice. You should be able to find a leftover for +/- 17K with the loader.

/ Buying a New Tractor #3  
3130 will run a 5' bushhog better, 6' may be pushing the 3130 hp and weight wise. 4330 should handle 6' no problems.

/ Buying a New Tractor #4  
All I can say is, go big if you're in doubt. I had a 3130 and loved it. CDsdad is right - 5' is about the max bushhog width, and with R4 tires it won't extend beyond the width of the tractor - I couldn't get close to the fence. Also unplanned land purchase means a chipper - not enough grunt in the 3130. So, we traded for the 5030. Love this machine!

-Brian

/ Buying a New Tractor #5  
I paid $16,900 the 1st of July and I think that was about $1800.00 under list price.I believe I read on here someone bought one for $14500.00

/ Buying a New Tractor #6  
agman243 said:
how much I should expect to pay with a front end loader.
The MSRP for a L3130HST with R4 tires and LA723 loader will be in the neighborhood of $23,400. You should be able to find deals out there. Actual selling price is really location dependent. Since you have not given your location in your profile we cannot give you a good idea of pricing in your region.

/ Buying a New Tractor #7  
just paid $19800 for 3430hst 723 loader quick attach with heavy duty round back bucket and R4's