Buying first tractor-Ever!

/ Buying first tractor-Ever! #21  
ExpediteMike said:
The dealer delivered my B7800 yesterday. He told me to try it for a week and if I think I need the bigger L2800 to let him know and he will pick it up. Of course it would be new and $4000 more so why not say that! Anyway, I hav'nt really done anything yet with it but did drive it through a muddy, sloppy section if pasture to get to the barn (got a lot of work to do in low spots and driveway to barn) and it went right on through without a problem.
I would have liked the bigger FEL on L2800 but do like the size of the 7800.
Next purchases will be box blade, rotary cutter and probably auger for fence posts. Are the King Kutter brand implements sold at Tractor Supply any good?
The prices seem pretty good. Well gotta go, my orange toy awaits!!!

My KK brush hog is average quality. It works OK, but I don't have any idea about it's durability since I've only used it 5 times so far.

The KK box blade is not heavy enough for some of my jobs like stripping turf. So I have about 360 lb of concrete weights that I added to the BB to get it to bite better. There are better and more expensive BBs out there.

/ Buying first tractor-Ever! #22  
My Bush Hog is going on its 25th year and works as good as the day I bought it. I use it hard every summer, in the spring I change the gear oil and keep it well greased and the blades sharp.