buying new turf tires

/ buying new turf tires #1  

djg

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota B6200HST-D
Can anyone suggest a good mail order source for tires? Or is local purchase better? How about brand preference? This concerns a small 4WD tractor. Thanks. You guys know everything (really).

/ buying new turf tires #2  
I had a good experience here:
http://www.cedarrapidstire.com/

The "Lawn and Garden" category will probably yield many options for you.

Had them mounted at a local service station- very quick and easy.

/ buying new turf tires #3  
Well I inquired about Maaxis tires some time back & here is the info they gave me about finding industrial tires for My BX2200:

Please contact Pro Tire @ 423.629.4394 or Maxxis Wheel at 770.502.9992.
Pro Tire is located in Chatanooga Tn. They have a website as does Maaxis

Maaxis Tires

Hope this may be of some help. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ buying new turf tires #4  
Try calling Titan Tire at 800-241-2095, they are connected to OTR Wheel which makes the wheels for Kubota and Titan is the OEM for the OTR labeled tires on the BX and other Kubotas.

'Rumor' has it that the R4 that JD sells on the 2210 will be the basis for a new tire for the BX from Kubota. Look for a bigger front tire on the BX too, 'rumor' has it going to a 10" tire just like JD. If you wanted you could use the front 2210 wheels and rims from the JD on your BX.

/ buying new turf tires #5  
Correct me if I am wrong but I was thinking the tires on a 2210 were Maaxis.

/ buying new turf tires #6  
They might be, I have no clue, I was referring the the tread design used on their tire. Like a mellow R4 from the last one I saw.

/ buying new turf tires
Matthew, you seem to get around TBN a lot. You responded to my Mac Naught grease gun post. Can you or anyone else tell me when I need new tires? My turf tires are original, I believe. They are Bridgestone brand, fairly worn, holding air, definitely weather checked. When do they need replaced? Thanks.

/ buying new turf tires #8  
Never had a tractor long enough to know when o replace the tires, but I do have a general rule on ATV and other wheeled toys. If the tires are cracking, I replace them. The rubber on a tractor is ALOT thicker than an ATV tire so I'm not sure if that rule applies. I would think since a tire failure will not leave you stranded miles from home like an ATV would, I toulf think you could run them until you have a failure.

Other more experienced tractor folks might have different opinions.