BV4160

/ BV4160 #1  

NHJohn

Tractor
New Holland T4.75
My BV4160 baler is set to form a bale 59.7 inches but the bale comes out 54 inches, any solutions?

/ BV4160 #2  
Sounds as if bale size sensor needs to be adjusted. That would be just fine if your baler belonged to the man where I inspected some hay he had for sale last year that was advertised as 4X5. When I looked at bales there were significantly several inches less than 60''. I quizzed the owner of the hay & he stated well that's what my baler's monitor showed 60''. To which I stated I guess you don't own a tape measure??

Last edited:
   / BV4160 #3  
There is a bale size correction setting. I don’t have the book in front of me, but the icon on the monitor looks like a bale w/ a small line on the top.

/ BV4160
Sounds as if bale size sensor needs to be adjusted. That would be just fine if your baler belonged to the man where I inspected some hay he had for sale last year that was advertised as 4X5. When I looked at bales there were significantly several inches less than 60''. I quizzed the owner of the hay & he stated well that's what my baler's monitor showed 60''. To which I stated I guess you don't own a tape measure??
Thanks, I called the dealer where it was purchased, I'm not the original owner and they were of no help. I bumped it up to 60.8 and it is now 56"

/ BV4160
There is a bale size correction setting. I don’t have the book in front of me, but the icon on the monitor looks like a bale w/ a small line on the top.
I will have to look at the book regarding that. I keep it in the tractor in case I have an issue in the field. I bumped it up to 60.8 and it gives me a 56" bale.