BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #31  
So if you see a bright light in the northern sky this winter,its probably not the northern lights,its escavader out blowing snow with every light on on his BOTA:)
ALAN
Thanks for the detailed how-to...much appreciated.

With all that extra power you should have some juice left over to hang blinking Christmas lights on your BX23, over the ROPS, etc. What a sight that would be as you clear snow some dark evening. Someone might mistake you for Santa. :)

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #32  
Thanks for the detailed how-to...much appreciated.

With all that extra power you should have some juice left over to hang blinking Christmas lights on your BX23, over the ROPS, etc. What a sight that would be as you clear snow some dark evening. Someone might mistake you for Santa. :)

Using his Back HO HO HO!

Don

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR
Alan,

I had to cut a bracket off the oil dipstick tube when I put my alternator on (it couldn't attach to the new alternator in the same way it did to the old dynamo.) My dipstick was then rattling around, so I used a large wire tie and pulled it against the manifold heat shield. The heat has not caused problems with the wire tie yet and it's been there all summer. Other posts in the past talked about having to bend the dipstick tube or replace it, but I got away with just rotating it slightly and anchoring it. Did you have to modify your dipstick at all? John

JOHN,
Ibelieve i have the correct metal brackett that you were suppose to use when you did the install .Ibelieve it would have eliminated the need to cut that brackett off the oil dipstick tube.I used the one for the bx,22,bx,23 If you want it ill take it to work and you can have it.There are some bushings too.
ALAN

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR
Now all you guys remember this post when someone is on this subject,and refer them to it.Could save alot of headache of trying to jury rig up an alternator on a bx Hindsight is 20/20 ,there is alot more than rigging one up and putting the belt on.The tractor needs to be rewired ALSO
ALAN

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #35  
JOHN,
Ibelieve i have the correct metal brackett that you were suppose to use when you did the install .Ibelieve it would have eliminated the need to cut that brackett off the oil dipstick tube.I used the one for the bx,22,bx,23 If you want it ill take it to work and you can have it.There are some bushings too.
ALAN

Alan,

Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm all set now. The wire tie is working great and it allowed me to pull the dipstick back away from the alternator. I think the 40 amp alternator upgrade will be one of the best upgrades I've done. I like turning on all my lights when I'm working close to the road and not worrying about killing my battery. Thanks again. John