BX 24 Stability

/ BX 24 Stability #11  
How wide are your wheel spacers? You may need to go wider.

/ BX 24 Stability
Everyone Thank You for your suggestions. I also contacted Kubota and they suggested either loading the tires or weights but NOT both and definitely NO spacers. They didn't even ask were I am. I guess a slope is a slope is slope of course. ( couldn't think of anything to rhyme with slope, that could use here )
Thanks again

/ BX 24 Stability #13  
I had the rear tires foam filled which adds weight down low and prevents flats...

My property is all up and down and noticed a difference.

/ BX 24 Stability #14  
I put 2in spacers on the rear and 1.25in on the front. That helped a bunch but depending on how steep a slope you are traversing and how bumpy... your pucker factor will very. The cab on top could be raising your CG enough to matter as well.
Stay low and slow.

/ BX 24 Stability #15  
I suppose my BX2200 is about the same size as the BX24...But do not know.

I can tell you that I had both my front and rear tires foam filled. And with the 60" mower deck on the tractor, I no longer worry about slopes. I think I could mow across a 45 degree slope! But I don't know. Pretty sure 30 degrees is no issue. All I am trying to say is that I am so comfortable on the BX now. Rock solid stability. I would never, ever trust my B2910 to perform the same. Even though it has foam filled front tires and liquid filled rears.

As a contrast, my larger B2910 makes my butt pucker at probably 15 degrees or less. Result of tipping it over once some years ago, after ten plus years of use, in a situation I would never have expected it. But it happened.

It is very difficult to determine where the safe limit is. Error on the conservative side...and be sure to have your seat belt on and ROPS up!

Bill