BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic)

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #1  

Sodo

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-series & Mini Excavator
I recently sold my BX, and was thinking I never told this story on TBN, and there may be some who are interested.

When I bought my BX I picked it up in a 144" Dodge sprinter van. Sorry this is the only picture that I have. I didn't know about TBN back then, otherwise I'da taken more pics. The loader bucket extended a foot beyond the back doors (which I had to tie open). Tying down the tractor was dicey & I was "s**t'n bricks" on the 30 minutes drive home. Then I bought a car trailer and transport is much better now.

373516d1399126156-bx-24-tractor-backhoe-dodge-kubota_sprinter-jpg

The BX was great fun, a great introduction into tractoring, and made a few$$ too. I bought the 2007 BX24 for $12,500, put ~$800 into it (added tire ballast and a brush fork), put 140 GREAT hours on it, then sold it for 13,500 (260 hrs). I was lucky selling in that there were no other BXs on Craigslist at the time. And it was springtime and the callers were fierce.

From the BX I found out how useful they were, and was ready to buy a larger TLB, then started to look at other options, and realized rather than buy a bigger TLB I'd just get a bigger tractor, and a mini-excavator. I found a 2006 KX-41-3v mini excavator ($14k) a few months ago, then yesterday bought a 2004 B2710 with FEL & rear hydraulics ($12k). Now I'm in it for $26k but these 2 pcs of eqpt will work better than a $20k TLB. That's my thinking, and they are both sellable anytime.

The pic below is a random craigslist pic of a 144" sprinter, same body size.style as mine. In a 180inch sprinter, the rear doors would close on a BX. Not that anybody should choose a sprinter as their BX hauler?. this is just "BX info".

Attachments

• kubota_sprinter.jpg
    kubota_sprinter.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3,209
  • a sprinter pic.png
    a sprinter pic.png
    397.2 KB · Views: 224
   / BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #2  
Wow, if you had not had that picture it would be hard to believe. Ingenuity at its finest.

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #3  
wow! I really would've loved to see that!

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #4  
Gotta be careful with the elbows in that setup...

Aaron Z

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #5  
Nice! I would have never guessed the BX would fit.

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #6  
Thats awesome

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic)
I had taken a few measurements, and by the dimensions I found on the web, it seemed "feasible". But the real test was after it was up on the ramps! Luckily didn't even touch the sprinter interior, just pulling the wrong control (on this new peice of eqpt) would have been a disaster. And the greasy knuckle on the dipper stick was awful close to the headliner. :cool: A BX with no backhoe is more feasible.

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #8  
Sweet! I can imagine the "s**t'n bricks" feeling on the way home! :shocked:

/ BX-24 tractor and backhoe in a Dodge Sprinter (1 pic) #9  
Tight fit, should have put the stabilizers down to hold her in place!