Ballast BX Ballast Question

/ BX Ballast Question #11  
If you ever need a box ballast it's really under $200 and you can get them quickly. Try it and see

/ BX Ballast Question
ByronBob said:
If you ever need a box ballast it's really under $200 and you can get them quickly. Try it and see

When you say the box ballast.. are you talking Kubota, like the ones I see attached to the BXs on the Kubota website? Or aftermarket? and if so.. who makes them?

I do have a box blade.. big one.. but could use it in time of need as ballast. I'm pretty sure the BX hitch would lift it.. it's a 65 and I wouldn't try dragging gravel with the thing.. but it would probably be more than enough ballast.

I'm probably going to go with a 48" box blade because I'll use it a lot around here. I find myself NOT using the 65 as much because on the L3130 I have to take off the backhoe then reattach the hitch components before I can even get started. The BX will allow me to get a lot more things done using the hitch and rear PTO (chipper shredder) without having to pull the BH off the bigger tractor.

as for the mower.. I'm still wondering if I should have gone with the smaller deck.. but I DO believe the 60 will fit on my trailer no problem.. not that I plan to truck it around much.