BX series issue with throttle not increasing RPMs

/ BX series issue with throttle not increasing RPMs #1  

Laps

Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Hello, I have a BX 2360 that has just recently developed a problem with not running properly in that advancing the throttle doesn't increase the RPMs. The engine just starts to "stumble". It idles each time fine. This happens with or without the mower deck engaged, and happens after about 20 minutes of running. I changed out the fuel filters, and put fresh diesel fuel in the tank. Also, checked the exhaust manifold temps across the individual cylinder exhausts and all read at 240 degrees F. I watched to make sure the fuel filters were filling with fresh fuel when restarted. I washed the air filter. Also, ran the engine with the air filter removed and still stumbles. I did not replace the fuel pump as of yet, nor did I check for a blocked fuel line. Total time on the engine is 281 hours.

/ BX series issue with throttle not increasing RPMs #2  
Remove the fuel tank cap the next time it starts to stumble and see if that changes anything

/ BX series issue with throttle not increasing RPMs #3  
There was a thread describing almost exactly the same symptoms you describe within the last couple of days. You may be able to search for it or one of us will eventually find it and point you to it. There has been a LOT of discussion on this same sort of issue in the last few days and MANY such discussions over the last several years.