BX1800 or BX2200/attachments

/ BX1800 or BX2200/attachments #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have 10 acres and am looking for a tractor for Lawn care, snow plowing (only a blade), box scraper for makeing a trail around the property, sand rake for the riding arena, post hole digger for the fencing and potential other attaschments.
In a nutshell, should I be buying the attachments from an external source or will a dealership bend on prices if I buy them all?
and, Which tractor would be best...Do I really need the extra horse and pto power?

/ BX1800 or BX2200/attachments #2  
pselin, I've done both; some of my implements came from my Kubota dealer and others from other sources. I'd just shop around and see where I could get the best deal on the quality of implements I needed. As to which tractor; I don't know. A 17 hp tractor got a lot of work done on my place, so the BX1800 should, too, but if the price differential isn't very much, I'd go for the larger one.

Bird

/ BX1800 or BX2200/attachments #3  
pselin - you are talking my language here ! I have 10 acres, an indoor riding arena, thousands of feet of old fence that need replacing a little at a time, a 400 foot driveway - sounds very similar to the situation you are in. I have a Kubota B1700, and find it to be all the tractor I need. Read the other posts about the BX series to find out about some reservations some of the users of this forum have about it, but overall the reviews have been excellent. I would also look at the B7400/7500, B2410, and maybe even a left over 1999 model B1700/2100/2400. These might be on disount if the dealer has any left over. Other people will suggest you move up to the B2710/2910, but now we are talking a lot more $$. As for attachments (is that spelled right?), I have a Woods rear blade, a drag harrow from TSC, the standard Kubota loader, and a manure spreader from Millcreek. I am looking at post hole diggers now, and will likely get a Bushhog brand. That is the beauty of the universal 3 point hitch - you can buy attachments from any manufacturer and they will all fit.