BX2200 Stalling

/ BX2200 Stalling #1  

Buckcreek

Silver Member
Tractor
BX2200
A couple of weeks ago I was digging with my BX and it quit like it ran out of fuel First thing i did was change the fuel filters i started it and it ran for a minute and quit again , i figured it was just air in the lines so i started it again and ran great the reast of the evening. Nest time i need to cut grass i start it and it and let it idle for a while i walk to the back of the barn and hear it quit again. i finally get it too run and it does good while i cut grass. Now ever time i use it , it quits like it been shut off about 3 times till it finally runs untill i get finished , but this evening it quit befor i finished mowing it started right up and i put it away. Sorry for the long post but does anyone have any idea were i should start looking.

/ BX2200 Stalling #2  
Check and make sure that the electrical connection to the fuel shutoff solenoid on the fuel pump is tight and that it is properly grounded. Might not hurt to check the seat safety switches also. My BX23 will not start in gear and it will die if I lift off the seat w/the PTO engaged.
If all electrical connections are GTG then I'd drain the old diesel out and replace with new. Could be bad /comtaminated fuel. (if you haven't already done this when you changed out the filters)

Make sure theres no kinking in the fuel line. Trace it from the tank to the fuel injection pump.

Good luck
Volfandt

/ BX2200 Stalling
My BX2200 doesnt have a safety switch on the seat , i will check the fuel shut off selonoid if i can find it. LOL. I may have to get my Dad to check it but i hate to agravate him , He worked on diesels all his life but i am clueless about them. I would hate to drain the fuel i just filled it up this evening seems like if it was bad fuel it wouldnt run as good as it does till it quits, but like i was saying im no mechanic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif